• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

AAT for February 20th 2N49 Bailey Canyon Road

itscheesey

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
It's been decided that we can get back to our regular scheduled programing of AAT for this year. I would like to start out by hitting one of our trouble spots. The Drifters jeep club has agreed to join us on this trip but I need more support from our club. If you are available for this please comment below.

SATURDAY, February 20 - 2N49 Maintenance
Meet Point 09:00 AM 2N49 Southern End / Palm Ave. San Bernardino
The main focus for Saturday is general maintenance, trash removal and continued monitoring of trail conditions.

COMMUNICATIONS
CB Radio: The fours. We'll start on 4, if busy we'll bump up to 14, 24, or 34.
2m: 146.585 Simplex

What do I need?
Any vehicle that can do a USFS-rated moderate trail (Stock XJ, okay). We will need 4x4 for this weekend as 2N49 has some serious ruts.

Bring gloves, a hat, grabber reacher, and loppers. Please bring light long sleeve shirts for brush work. Closed toe shoes mandatory. Hard hats may be available but if you have your own please bring it. In tick-areas it is best to cover as much skin as possible.

Thank you for your time, it is appreciated.

I'd love to participate in these, and appreciate you putting them together. Unfortunately, my commute would exceed my available time. Hopefully someday, I can join another couple of these.

David Bricker / SYR

Sorry. I never even notice this thread until just this minute. My Jeep’s out of commission anyway until I find a day to wrench on it.

Back