• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rocker switch lamp socket

DanDXJ

NAXJA Forum User
1990 XJ -I have snapped the lamp sockets on the rocker switches - Rear wiper, Trans Comfort. They no longer snap into the back of the switch holder. They use a #37 bulb. Has anyone replaced these sockets? Are there any aftermarket replacements ? I am guessing they may be unique to the XJ. I do not really want to glue them in place and I expect that any at the JY will be just as brittle.
Any info will be appreciated.

How about a little rubber cement? Flexible and easy to remove later, but may be just enough to hold something small like this...

If you switch to led the heat wont affect the rubber cement as well.

Thanks for the suggestions. I am having problems finding a #37 LED bulb with a small tip to fit inside the rocker switch holder. I may just have to stay with the regular bulb - it is only
1.3 watts.

I used a toothpick and a tiny drop (or three) of super glue. The only real issue is holding it steady while the glue dries enough to hold, takes a few minutes. The next time I need to replace the bulb I just break the glue loose and repeat.

Just avoid using too much super glue.

Super glue dries faster if you sprinkle it with baking soda.

Thanks for the super glue tip. I will give it a try. Hopefully I will not glue my fingers
to the bulb holder. I will probably need someone else to sprinkle the baking soda while
I hold the rocker switch.

Try super glue 'GEL'.., less likely to glue your fingers together, lol. GEL is easier to manage, imho, by using a flat toothpick/tool in which to swipe a small blob of it off of the dispenser tip thereby having better control in order to dab, smear onto the broken area(s). Follow the rest of 8Mud's instructions.

I spent an hour at the junkyard pulling every good connector i could find. Pretty easy to pull the wires out and replace the plastic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone have a new switch source link the entire switches?

Back