• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Overheating Issues...

Know that feeling Jon about being to close, when we were looking for shorts in the 91' I know I killed off what few remaining brain cells I had left.
The only thing I could could think of was there more heat than thought and maybe it did start to seize, sure hope not.
It would be nice if it were something simple like like a poor ground, but I just can't see that happening on one of your vehicles.
Wish I could be of help.

darn! i thought i was on to something with the bolt thing. i am out of ideas. More voltage drops, and amp readings the powers got to be getting used somewhere.

No, I have not forgotten. If it can stump Jon, I need to pay attention. lol

dizzymac said:
It would be nice if it were something simple like like a poor ground, but I just can't see that happening on one of your vehicles.
My thought as well. My second thought was of a really good motorcycle mechanic that resurrected my bike years ago. One thing he did was install a new ground strap. After two weeks of 90*, + 90% humidity the starter wouldn't work. Everything else was fine: Lights, charging system, battery. I could push start it and go anywhere I wanted. I took it back to him, he busted his noodle for a few days with no result. Out of sheer desperation he pulled the ground strap, which looked fine, and sanded the frame and termination; problem solved.

I dunno, if your cooling system leaks, your engine is overheating, and your hood is shut, I would think that it's hot and damp in there. JMHO

The best word I could give is START OVER. Check your Ohm/volt meter. Clean everything again. Do a load tests on the battery. Then right down the line again. Suspect that "known good starter". Suspect everything. Twist and tape everything as you go.

Why not pull the sprak plugs and crank it after checking the cylinders with a flash light first? Also might try cranking it with out the belt on just once.

flht1997 said:
did this problem get solved?

To be honest, I haven't been able to work on it. Seems like everything else around here has decided "go boom!" all at once. I've had my kitchen torn apart twice since this has gotten silly...

"It never rains, but it pours." Once I get caught up and can start working on this again, I'll take notes. Once I finally figure it out, I'll let you all know. Meanwhile, I'll finish fighting off this URI I've managed to pick up (it never rains!) and I'll get going on this again...

5-90

Back