• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need manual 96- driver's door or window crank mechanism

MrSimon

NAXJA Forum User
My driver's window in the MJ won't go back up once I put it down .... the gears in the mechanism are stripped or something.

I need either new internals for the door, or a whole new door.

Anyone got something that would work?

I'm hitting the junkyard on sunday, I could probably get you one if needed...

If its easy for you, that would be awesome. Don't go to too much trouble though.

I imagine its easiest to just pull a whole door. If there is any rust on the door - skip it.

Actually, if you find a really clean, nice set - I'd take both doors. Color doesn't really matter - inside or out. Clean, rust free, functional, and able to fit is all I care about.

I'll pay you whatever the doors cost plus extra to cover your time.

Shouldn't be too much trouble, but it depends if the torx bolts want to be a pain. I'll let ya know how it goes, but it shouldn't be a problem to at least get one door.

I usually just sawzall the hinges on the body side when pulling a door...

I wish I had a cordless sawzall...I wasnt able to get any doors today. I was trying to get one for myself too but I ended up messing up my torx bit and they wouldn't torch it off for me because they were closing in an hour (even though it'd take 2 min for them to torch the hinges). Sorry man...I'm going back up in a couple weeks if you want to wait til then...

I wish I had a cordless sawzall...I wasnt able to get any doors today. I was trying to get one for myself too but I ended up messing up my torx bit and they wouldn't torch it off for me because they were closing in an hour (even though it'd take 2 min for them to torch the hinges). Sorry man...I'm going back up in a couple weeks if you want to wait til then...

No problem .... thanks for trying!

I'll shoot you a PM when I go again in a few weeks and if you don't have anything by then, I'll hook it up. I'll just get them torched at the hinges first thing so I dont have to deal with torx junk

Were you able to replace the mechanism, or did you just replace the door? I have not been able to figure out how the 'cables' come out of the crank portion :-(

I sold the Jeep before I did anything with it.

Lol well that solved it for you! I have had to drill out the compression rivets on both sets of gear housings and tomorrow will be putting them back together using bolts and crossing fingers that they are tight enough! ;-)

oh cause in your original post you said you needed it for the mj.

Wow, just wow ..... I'm REALLY retarded. I did in fact have an issue with the window mechanism in the XJ, but I had totally forgotten that it IS the MJ mechanism that I want to replace - and that IS what this thread is all about.

Boy, I'm going crazy!

So, uh, Ben .... still got those doors?

Stefan - thanks for straightening me out!

Back