• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Most comfortable seats?

Unclewolverine

NAXJA Forum User
I've never had an xj with leather before my 95 and honestly I don't like it. Ive usually owned 96's for some reason, all cloth, and remember their seats being more comfortable. Sitting in these leather ones for 6+ hours a day, only getting out a few times sucks, they don't breath at all. In your opinion what are the most comfortable junkyard seats? Not asking about several hundred dollar upgrade aftermarket seats, just ones I may be able to pick up in the local junkyard cheaply. Not worried about the back matching either, it spends most of its time folded down anyway.

An X5 would be pretty comfortable. One just hit my yard. I also saw a 2012 Jeep there that had full interior but I didn’t have tool to remove them. Maybe a Mercedes E class too.

I replaced my xj seats with a set of cloth seats from a 94 zj they are pretty comfortable although the seats do sit about an inch higher up than before.

I'd like to have a set of seats that are about an inch lower. I'm getting really tired of having to either duck my head by a huge amount to get into the vehicle or angle my body so that my head goes in first. I never thought of an XJ as a small vehicle until I bought it.

ZJ or WJ are comfortable and bolt to the factory rails on a 95+

Any idea if these sit lower or higher than XJ seats?

A tad higher, but then again they are a much better padded seat. They are very comfortable. I bought some 10 years ago, and they are showing it. Any other WJ seats out there will be in pretty much the same condition.

If you are still looking at WJ seats, go for the Laredo trim package seats. They have an actual reclining lever, as opposed to the power reclining option. One less thing to deal with....

A tad higher, but then again they are a much better padded seat. They are very comfortable. I bought some 10 years ago, and they are showing it. Any other WJ seats out there will be in pretty much the same condition.

If you are still looking at WJ seats, go for the Laredo trim package seats. They have an actual reclining lever, as opposed to the power reclining option. One less thing to deal with....

True. I had Limited seats mounted in my 98, on the XJ manual rails. Ended up with power recline and manual back and forth.

Looking for seats with less lumbar support but also can't go any higher either. Outer bolster on the driver's side is starting to tear; going to have to find replacements before too long, great timing for this thread. If anyone can suggest options with less lumbar support, my lats/ribs would appreciate it.

Hyundai Tiburon? Was a thread on here somewhere in the past year about someone using those...

My 1990 XJ laredo has some nice seats, back is flat, not all lumbar, nice side bolsters. I recently swapped them for like from a two door as I have a four door. the two door ones fold forward, which is nice for added sleeping room in the back.

I have a set of stock leather seats in my 96 XJ and I find them very comfortable. More so than the luggage cloth seats that were in it before. I still have the cloth covers in case I want to revert but I don't think I will.

Back