• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Help! Roof and Pillar replacement

Bendog36

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 1999 XJ and am in the process of stripping it and a donor to replace the roof and pillars. I've seen some older posts about it but can't pull up the pictures. I would greatly appreciate it if someone could guide me to or has some pics or video of this type of job. Thanks

I have a 1999 XJ and am in the process of stripping it and a donor to replace the roof and pillars. I've seen some older posts about it but can't pull up the pictures. I would greatly appreciate it if someone could guide me to or has some pics or video of this type of job. Thanks

I don’t have any video, or pictures but I’ll be talking my roof (pan) off the sheet metal drilling out a lot of snot welds & dealing with body glue actually doesn’t look half bad, if you have any questions let me know basically you can take apart a whole vehicle if you have enough time & spot weld drill bits!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

not sure if this is still relevant.. I went through this last year...

2u6laqa.jpg

mhfw2c.jpg

UouyjZ4.jpg

x6aSOBr.jpg

EHFfZRF.jpg

EVQu8Df.jpg

j4iMTxD.jpg

b3CSJpE.jpg

Jmg222, that’s one of the more uplifting things I’ve seen today. What a repair. A tree fell on mine last night during a storm and I’m trying to figure out what the heck to do.

Did you do the work yourself or hire someone? I would expect something like this to cost several thousand in a body shop.

Really wondering if I should consider saving mine like you did. It’s a ‘99, rust-free, manual trans, fully loaded, 4x4, about 215000 on the clock.

Back