• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rats nest!

DezertTitan

NAXJA Forum User
Ok so the damn thing decided that it didn't want to start the last time I drove it to the smog shop. Battery is good, starter spins, infact I had O'reily's swap out the thing under warranty! I pulled the battery & the (I think!!??) starter relay. Gonna test that. Lights all work, fuel pump primes, etc, but turning the key to "start" gets no results.

Anyways, theres a damn rats nest of wires! What the crap!! This the way every body elses' jeep looks? There were 4 wires connected to the bolt. A small green wire connected to the center stub & then the two push on connects on the bottom 2 stubs.

Also what's with those black chunks of rubber on the wires? That the "fusable link" I've read about? How do you check to see if that's any good (short of it being destroyed completely).

One last thing, the pic w the wire I'm holding - connects in @ 3 to that green wire, which also stems off @ the flat bolt-connector (ya I know, my terminology sucks. Sorry). The push-on connecting in my hands wasnt connected to a damn thing, just wrapped up in itself. Any idea what it's for? Thanks for reading this sorry that I can't be more descriptive.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b318/bnsfmike/Jeep/6e4c334f.jpg

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b318/bnsfmike/Jeep/da44d3c4.jpg

Posted that with tapatalk via my iPhone. Looks like the pics didn't turn out quite right. Lame. Operator error. I'll fix it shortly.

Anyways, turns out I had a bad connection... Only thing I can think of. I cleaned the bottom two slip on terminals with a wire brush because I noticed the continuity test with my multimeter was real sketchy. Not sure if that did the trick or if it was just a loose wire. Jeep fired up tho!

Odd the edit button is not on my other post. I'll just throw the pics on the bottom of this one.

6e4c334f.jpg

da44d3c4.jpg

Last edited:
Back