• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

sneak peak

planefixer said:
Lots of late nights and long weekends wrenchin on this but it's been worth it.Cant wait until it's on the trail.
Lots of late nights? HOLY COW your not kidding. I think Led's gifted at the bender.....we had to bend every peice 2 or 3 times to get it right! ;)

But, at last, after 2 weeks, the MJ I call *ghost* is back at Leds place. I got home sometime after midnight....don't remember when....but its there and after an 8 hour sleep I'm uploading the pics. They'll be posted within an hour.

BrettM said:
.... be sure to include some of how you spliced the "frame" to the tubework.
Here's a couple pictures for you in no paticular order ;)
roll in, jack up....
led4.jpg

Let led work out some frustration...
led5.jpg

Looks better already!
led6.jpg

Now we "strengthened" the frame with some of my bumper stock. Funny how 5x2 (3/16" wall) box tube fits (with a little beating) between the old frame and the body lip.
led7.jpg

Then we cut off the rest of the frame clean! And added some additional gusseting to blend the old frame into the new *crossmember* :D
led8.jpg

Then we cleaned everything up.
led9.jpg

led10.jpg

Then, off the new structure ~ we built the tube rear ~ which we used plenty of triangulation ;)
led11.jpg

But don't think thats all the suppot we provided ~ Additional support for the back was also in the double cab hoops, RockSliders, and rear uni-body frame sleaving. But all that is going to be covered later....

As of Monday morning.

Led installed the new 37's over the weekend.
led1.jpg

Saturday we built the front bumper. The mounts of which are modeled after those C-Rock braces ~ which are very nice, but don't give enought room for mounting a tube bumper from ~ they are also nice since we could weld the wrap-around edges to them via more tube.
led2.jpg

led3.jpg

You'll notice we kept the outer edges of the bumper high and tight. There are more than enough tube behind to keep things sturdy, but it does have a nice clean and high look.

As of last night (wednesday).

Today we just relocated the shock mounts and took 1-gazzilion hours to find out how the gas line that goes from the fuel pump to the gas tank wall (that little one INSIDE THE FREAKING TANK) turned itself into mush and fell off :mad::mad::mad:

But when all was said and done ~ well after sun-down ~ we were able to test-flex it. These are without tweaking the shocks for FINAL height or spring rate/curve. Front first, a crappy 37"
led17.jpg

The rear is steady at 47.xx" ~ we stopped lifting when the front coils came un-seated.
led18.jpg

Then we loaded up, and took it home.
led19.jpg

led20.jpg

that was 12 midnight ~ or somthing. I don't know..... More pictures will be taken in the light of day between today and Saturday. The MJ is scheduled to run Indy on Monday. Pictures of that will be posted for sure! But until then, Led's got a laundry list of stuff to do, lights, skins, floors, paint....you get the picture....

Last edited:
JeepFreak21 said:
Damn that thing is sick! What're the drivetrain specs? I assume they are Led's old setup, but I don't remember what that was. How wide are the axles?
Billy
4.0 auto 231 4:1,30/44 4.56 stock axle width. looks wider bacause I run 15x10 w/ 3.75 back spacing.Anybody want to help me spay paint this thing??
Led

How about Tubeasaursus? Or FlipSide? Maybe just SimplyNuts? How about a personalize plate FNNUTS?

Nice job Led. No wonder we haven't been hearing much from you lately. Been working on that nice welder's tan I guess.

So, are there any updated pics of this thing on the trail? I would love to hear and see how it's working out. Also, I would like to learn a little about the rear suspension/air thingys. :) Jeff

I ran out of energy/and my wife was gonna kill me so I took some time off going to finish it and test it this weekend.
Led

Led said:
I ran out of energy/and my wife was gonna kill me so I took some time off going to finish it and test it this weekend.
Led
A likely story ~ and of course he chooses a date when I"m going to be in Salida at a show! :mad:

Back