• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Kronk the Jeep build thread

Yeah basically the quote you posted is the concept. The ozone attaches to various organic particles and when it does the both kinda react and become something else, essentially destroying what is causing the smell. At least that’s my layman understanding. And no, those HEPA filter ones aren’t strong enough. You need an actual ozone machine, and of course those are not legal at least in California… but Amazon doesn’t seem to care and sold me one.

Because ozone attaches to anything organic… you could imagine the reaction it would have if you took several lung fulls.

For my truck I bought that was previously smoked in, I would turn the timer knob on the ozone machine all the way up, stick it in the truck with the AC on recirculating mode, run an extension cord out the door and close it, then plug the machine in to the extension cord once it was closed in the truck. Once it was done I would open all the doors and let it air out for about 30 minutes. I did that two or three times and it made a huge difference. The smell still slightly comes back if the truck sits in the heat for a long time with the windows closed, but it’s nothing like it was. I probably just need to do it a couple more times.

Don’t let pets around when you’re using it and don’t do it with people in close proximity

Also, since natural rubber is organic it could break down rubber over time. I’d imagine you’d have to do it an insane amount though

Pull the lever, Kronk
Oh, right. The poison. The poison for Kuzco, the poison chosen especially to kill Kuzco, Kuzco's poison. That poison?
c878b43ec334405887c31e842b5ce8b5.jpg

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Yeah basically the quote you posted is the concept. The ozone attaches to various organic particles and when it does the both kinda react and become something else, essentially destroying what is causing the smell. At least that’s my layman understanding. And no, those HEPA filter ones aren’t strong enough. You need an actual ozone machine, and of course those are not legal at least in California… but Amazon doesn’t seem to care and sold me one.

Because ozone attaches to anything organic… you could imagine the reaction it would have if you took several lung fulls.

For my truck I bought that was previously smoked in, I would turn the timer knob on the ozone machine all the way up, stick it in the truck with the AC on recirculating mode, run an extension cord out the door and close it, then plug the machine in to the extension cord once it was closed in the truck. Once it was done I would open all the doors and let it air out for about 30 minutes. I did that two or three times and it made a huge difference. The smell still slightly comes back if the truck sits in the heat for a long time with the windows closed, but it’s nothing like it was. I probably just need to do it a couple more times.

Don’t let pets around when you’re using it and don’t do it with people in close proximity

Also, since natural rubber is organic it could break down rubber over time. I’d imagine you’d have to do it an insane amount though
I'll have to keep your method in mind. Probably could use the machine in my car as well, a couple of big dogs hasn't done wonders for the smell.

Been a while. Got busy with work and then California turned into water world. Started seeing animals going down my street in pairs, but I digress. Finally dropped the t-case and yanked the drivetrain. Other than feeling very old (gonna sore as he'll tomorrow) and giving my garage floor a healthy coating of ATF, things went pretty well. Even started unbolting the trans from the old engine but ran into an issue.

All bolts came out fine except one; one of the revere torx bolt heads on the top of the bell housing stripped. Tried vice grips and it stripped further. Any recommendations on getting this stupid bolt out?
0e9e01533a2a75b0c4f4f03be2b2b4c9.jpg
c31ab8246cf1f802638c8016a217b51c.jpg
19c9a613c780f1a7007a0707e1762a2c.jpg

Also, side note: the oem exhaust manifold on the old engine is not cracked anywhere. I don't think I've ever seen on that wasn't cracked.

Those were a PITA on the 95 I just pulled apart. I started to strip one but soaked it with the MAP torch for a minute or two and it busted out.

Maybe try heat and vice grips again? If not, cut the head off.

if you stripped the E30 star drive things, you could drill/Ez out them out or cut them out. Or weld a nut.

Spray the bolt with some PB Blaster an hour or a day before you want to extract it just to make things easier on yourself. Since you want to buy a welder you might as well do it now for this project. If you can't find something from Facebook/Criagslist/eBay/gargage sales I'd go with the 170 harbor freight green model.

https://www.harborfreight.com/weldi...essional-welder-with-120240v-input-64805.html

There is also an ESAB 215c in Oakland for $2,300 on craigslist right now.

If you don't want Harbor Freight here is a Lincoln 180 with cart, tank, some magnets, and helmet for $800 in Peteluma. Probably the one I'd pull money out of savings for since the HF one needs a tank and a helmet.

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/tls/d/penngrove-lincoln-180-hd-welder/7587694162.html

So it's been forever since I've made any real progress on the Jeep, but working towards getting back into it. Got a new helper for the garage but he needs training.
36900723a98ad6f9f8a17999f2943d38.jpg

Back