• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Battery Op. Power tools recommendation.

Anyone have any experience with the Ryobi 18v 1/2 impact or anything of their 18 v tools?

Close as yer gonna get.

I was looking at the m12 w/55 lb./ft.; not the 35

That is probably what I need in place of the ratchet. At least when clearance allows for it. That is a pretty big head. But being right angle it should fit in a lot of places where the 1/2" impact won't.

Anyone have any experience with the Ryobi 18v 1/2 impact or anything of their 18 v tools?

We got a construction set (drill/sawzall/jigsaw) for Varmint #Last for Christmas a couple years back. They have held up to teenage boy use. And he is one who uses them frequently and hard.

He also bought himself a yard set including their string trimmer and leaf blower. It came with larger batteries. He now wants more of those batteries. They work much better when the temps are below freezing.

I went with those on account of the recommendation of a friend who is a general contractor and finds he gets a good bang for the buck out of Ryobi cordless tools. He will readily admit they don't measure up to the Milwuakee tools, but he regards the Ryobi tools as a good value and something he won't regret abusing if need be.

That is the closest I can get to "experience" with them. I have taken the route of pain up front and bought Milwaukee.

Thanks Anak I have the 40 v Royobi weed eater I bought at the end of last summer the little bit I got to use it , it did pretty good job .

That is probably what I need in place of the ratchet. At least when clearance allows for it. That is a pretty big head. But being right angle it should fit in a lot of places where the 1/2" impact won't.

I ended up picking up the 55 Lb ft ratchet. It's a little bulkier than the small unit, but there is more extension on the head. So far it breaks things loose very well.

I have the small impact in the 3/8" flavor for tighter spaces. 3/8 because the sockets are shorter than 1/2".

Back