• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

Went to Aiken with the wfe, both boys and one of their friends. Two girlfriends accompanied us. Had a good time. Did some fishing during the day and some back to school shopping too at night. This weekend looks like a jeep work weekend. If I get it done I'll go to the work day at URE the next time they have one.

What did Deanna say about you bringing your 2 girlfriends. Aren't you supposed to keep them hidden from her?

What did Deanna say about you bringing your 2 girlfriends. Aren't you supposed to keep them hidden from her?

Dirk's got jokes.... Yea so that was Glenn's GF and his friends GF. Fix your jeep yet? :cheers:

I haven't "fixed" it yet.

I did pull out the windshield and hi-lift the roof back up so I can sit in it. I pulled it out of storage and vacuumed it out so I can be in and around it without glass slivers all over. I pulled the front fascia off so that I could assess the damage and pulled the passenger side front quarter and used a BFH to persuade the mounting channel out far enough to reinstall it so that the hood would close.

Still think I'll be best starting over from scratch and stripping this one to resell the suspension and lift parts. Toying with the idea of starting over with a ZJ. Only drawback to that is I can't reuse my axles which are re-geared and locked.

Otherwise - still sitting there racking up storage fees.

I haven't "fixed" it yet.

I did pull out the windshield and hi-lift the roof back up so I can sit in it. I pulled it out of storage and vacuumed it out so I can be in and around it without glass slivers all over. I pulled the front fascia off so that I could assess the damage and pulled the passenger side front quarter and used a BFH to persuade the mounting channel out far enough to reinstall it so that the hood would close.

Still think I'll be best starting over from scratch and stripping this one to resell the suspension and lift parts. Toying with the idea of starting over with a ZJ. Only drawback to that is I can't reuse my axles which are re-geared and locked.

I think you have two options. Strip your parts and put them on another xj or start over and part out what you have.
If you want to go to a zj would it be a 5.9? 5.2? or 4.0?
Your front would work there by the way......

If I went with a ZJ I'd probably just look for a 4.0.

Yeah, lost out on a Craiglist Cherokee that needed a new rear axle last week. Didn't realize that the 1997-2001 Cherokees were all painted with 24 karat gold dust - according to the pricing.

Saw one on Craigslist today with 135xxx miles, and some upgrades - asking over $15,000. Rediculous --- https://nashville.craigslist.org/cto/d/2001-jeep-cherokee-sport-4/6652288954.html

Yeah, lost out on a Craiglist Cherokee that needed a new rear axle last week. Didn't realize that the 1997-2001 Cherokees were all painted with 24 karat gold dust - according to the pricing.

Saw one on Craigslist today with 135xxx miles, and some upgrades - asking over $15,000. Rediculous --- https://nashville.craigslist.org/cto/d/2001-jeep-cherokee-sport-4/6652288954.html

Yes XJ's have shot up again for some reason.

You'll find one Dirk. Cheap ones are out there. They just may not be in the shape our Annie's were.

Anywho... I got mine out of the garage. It's a little tall in the rear. I'll look at leveling when I get it to the new house.

unnamed_zps5o1nyuu3.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

You'll find one Dirk. Cheap ones are out there. They just may not be in the shape our Annie's were.

Anywho... I got mine out of the garage. It's a little tall in the rear. I'll look at leveling when I get it to the new house.

unnamed_zps5o1nyuu3.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

What year is that? Looks a lot like the green one I had. Loved that color.

What year is that? Looks a lot like the green one I had. Loved that color.

It is a 1997. My plan is to somewhat restore it instead of building a trail beater. I was debating on a new paint color but will stick with the Forrest green.

I told you I have a straight Silver shell. It can be yours for scrap price. You'd have to swap everything from yours to it.

Yeah, I know and I'm considering it Andy. I'd probably have to make a trip to SC over a 3 day weekend - like MLK Day or something - and do a Wrenchfest at your place or Glenn's and have a bunch of hands help with the swap. I can't put a shell in the parking lot of my apartment complex and I can't do any mechanical work here either. When you say "everything" you talking needing to swap the engine, transmission, interior, dash, steering the whole 9 yards?

Weighing the timing and cost of getting to SC and buying a shell versus buying something local.

I do appreciate that, though and may eventually take you up on that.

Yeah, I know and I'm considering it Andy. I'd probably have to make a trip to SC over a 3 day weekend - like MLK Day or something - and do a Wrenchfest at your place or Glenn's and have a bunch of hands help with the swap. I can't put a shell in the parking lot of my apartment complex and I can't do any mechanical work here either. When you say "everything" you talking needing to swap the engine, transmission, interior, dash, steering the whole 9 yards?

Weighing the timing and cost of getting to SC and buying a shell versus buying something local.

I do appreciate that, though and may eventually take you up on that.

Everything. It's a stripped down shell that I've sold MOST everything off of. Has 3 doors on it, no hatch, no axles, no drivetrain, etc. BUT the roof is still where it belongs.

If things go as planned tomorrow - I'll have the new radiator plumbed and filled in the XJ and can get the motor running to try to trouble shoot the rough idle/limp mode power issues.

Hope to hell its an easy fix. I'd love to pull it out of the garage and drive it around the parking lot a little....maybe down the street to the body shop to see about getting windshield glass put in it.

So Friday the jeep died doing some yard work at Deanna's. Saturday we went to the farmers market for some local produce. Then we went to Fire Fest. Saw some antique fire trucks and neat old cars too. Watched them set a mock bedroom on fire and put it out with a 1920 fire truck. They also set another mock bedroom on fire with a sprinkler system. It was neat but didn't quite go as I think they thought it would. We then headed to Twin Peaks in Columbia for lunch. It was entertaining watching the football fans watch the Clemson game. Sunday we came over to Hartsville and picked up my FSM and my FI power train manual to try and figure out what was up with the jeep. Ended up being the coil. I also learned how to test my cps which is not done like I thought it was..... :sunshine:

Traded 35s for 37s

One ton swap this winter :)

1eb39fd87f66281c6d0877257272e8b2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lookin' good!

Why won't the axles work? The front is a bolt in. An Artec truss for the 8.8 fixes the rear.

Back