• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

Did you hold the wiring harness away from the chassis along the inner rockers while welding or let it melt down onto it? it's probably shorting out somewhere along there.

The only wires that I seen going down the chassis were the speaker wires. Would those cause it to blow fuses if they got melted.

The only wires that I seen going down the chassis were the speaker wires. Would those cause it to blow fuses if they got melted.

yes...there is power being sent to your speakers, if your positive and negative wires are melted and shorting against each other, they definitely can start a fire

so a little piece of me, for those that may give a crap.

at the young age if 16, i interviewd for a job as the night porter at a local car dealership. over the next 14 years to the month, i have advanced and currently sitting as a master certified parts counterman.

few years ago i watched the 2 men who taught me everything about parts, retire with close to nothing to their name. one still lives in a rough neighborhood. doing the exact same job for 40+ years. i decided that i could not do it. i did not want to sit at the desk i am sitting at now, only to retire and still struggle to live. so i started going to school for electrical technology specializing in renewable energy and industrial technology.

now i have been going to school for what seems like forever which is my fault because i have only been taking a couple classes a semester and even a couple semesters i didn't even go.

recently i have been really hating the fact that i am not doing what i plan to do for the rest if my life. semester after semester i sit with people that are already in the field and i just have a hard time because of my increasing age.

so i decided to start looking around and a buddy of mine works as an electrical tech for a near by factory. he said they have an entry level injection tech job open. i also happen to know the lead injection guy fairly well also. should also be noted that of all the classes i have taken so far, fluid power(hydraulics) was my favorite.

needless to say, i just finished making a resume.

crazy part is i am scared as hell. like i said, my last interview and attempt for a job was at 16 for a typical 16yr old type job.

ahhhhhhh!

cliffs: im scared about possibly changing my life.

SAM'lots of typing between this and a resume'SET

Also, thanks to the Denver Broncos for sucking so damn bad that i had plenty of time to write out a letter, resume, and reference page. since this game has sucked and been boring as hell and has not held my interest at all.

Congrats on wanting to do something that will make you happy in the end Sam. Always need to look out for what makes you happy. I recently just found out my company will pay for me to go to school. I have been looking into doing something like that to change my career.

Good luck with everything Sam

so a little piece of me, for those that may give a crap.

at the young age if 16, i interviewd for a job as the night porter at a local car dealership. over the next 14 years to the month, i have advanced and currently sitting as a master certified parts counterman.

few years ago i watched the 2 men who taught me everything about parts, retire with close to nothing to their name. one still lives in a rough neighborhood. doing the exact same job for 40+ years. i decided that i could not do it. i did not want to sit at the desk i am sitting at now, only to retire and still struggle to live. so i started going to school for electrical technology specializing in renewable energy and industrial technology.

now i have been going to school for what seems like forever which is my fault because i have only been taking a couple classes a semester and even a couple semesters i didn't even go.

recently i have been really hating the fact that i am not doing what i plan to do for the rest if my life. semester after semester i sit with people that are already in the field and i just have a hard time because of my increasing age.

so i decided to start looking around and a buddy of mine works as an electrical tech for a near by factory. he said they have an entry level injection tech job open. i also happen to know the lead injection guy fairly well also. should also be noted that of all the classes i have taken so far, fluid power(hydraulics) was my favorite.

needless to say, i just finished making a resume.

crazy part is i am scared as hell. like i said, my last interview and attempt for a job was at 16 for a typical 16yr old type job.

ahhhhhhh!

cliffs: im scared about possibly changing my life.

SAM'lots of typing between this and a resume'SET

You just don't wanna work with the guy who smells like cabbage and looks like Brad anymore! :gee:

Congrats on wanting to do something that will make you happy in the end Sam. Always need to look out for what makes you happy. I recently just found out my company will pay for me to go to school. I have been looking into doing something like that to change my career.

Make sure to read the fine print with this. Most companies won't pay a dime if you want to study something they don't do. Or they will require you to stay with them for year or two(or three), unless you pay the money back to them.

Make sure to read the fine print with this. Most companies won't pay a dime if you want to study something they don't do. Or they will require you to stay with them for year or two(or three), unless you pay the money back to them.

Cummins requires you to stay 2 years if they pay for your schooling.

I'm glad I didn't mark off for the superbowl.

mac '3 weeks to Dayton500' gyvr

Good luck Sam. I walked away from a $40k/year job plus benefits with advancement potential to go back to school for law enforcement. 7 years later I am working the job I really wanted and I love it. It is tough to totally change everything you knew, but if it is what you want to do it will be worth it.

I had a call out sunday afternoon, so i had some good money ot too!

mac 'i was about the only one not worried about making kickoff' gyvr

Wow Sam best of luck to you!

Thanks guys!
You just don't wanna work with the guy who smells like cabbage and looks like Brad anymore! :gee:

this is true......

but now actually there is 2 parts about this.
1st off, it is extremely comfortable and nice to work with your brother(especially if you get along) so it will suck on that part. the plus is if i get this new job, i will be working with my best friend.
2nd working with rew here has sucked because we cannot take off the same days. this has virtually eliminated family vacations. the last one we did was a weekend trip to little rock where he had friday off and i worked until 2pm friday. so that sucked. leaving here could bring those vacations back.

he also smells less bad after shaving his beard.

this is true. another perk to this job is they too pay for school. you have a 2 years contract and must keep a C average. this sounds good to me because i have already dropped 10grand on school and im just a little more than half way done. i would love for someone else to pay the rest.

SAM'just have to hand it in now'SET

I wouldn't say being an injection tech for a factory was the job i was dreaming about as a kid but parts counter man defiantly was not it.
i started going back to school because i want a nice retirement, and i did not see it coming from here.
that is what matters to me. spending my elderly years in a great place that my family will love visiting.

but most of my life i have been a nature enthusiast and love everything "Earth" that is why i chose renewable energy as a career field. this opportunity is not renewable energy, but its farther along than selling parts.

GOOD LUCK SAM.........

Ram" Never bad to think about your future " Rod

Back