• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

bigger lift, now what???

tommy1102

NAXJA Forum User
right now i am running a 3 inch skyjacker lift with rustys shackles and spacers so i'm up around 4.5 inches of lift. i just bought the RE 4.5 extreme duty leafs and was wondering what else i need once i install them. with my rustys shackle i should get almost 6 inches of lift in the rear and i also have 4.5 colis and 1.75 spacers for the front. i have the tc lowering kit and sye is next on my list, besdies that is there anything else that is needed once i go to that height?? and suggestions would be helpfull. thanks

You will need an adjustable track bar and at least adjustable lower control arms. Some longer shocks would be good also.

tommy1102 said:
right now i am running a 3 inch skyjacker lift with rustys shackles and spacers so i'm up around 4.5 inches of lift. i just bought the RE 4.5 extreme duty leafs and was wondering what else i need once i install them. with my rustys shackle i should get almost 6 inches of lift in the rear and i also have 4.5 colis and 1.75 spacers for the front. i have the tc lowering kit and sye is next on my list, besdies that is there anything else that is needed once i go to that height?? and suggestions would be helpfull. thanks

Those RE 4.5 leafs will give you over 6" of lift. That height is for a heavy weighted rear. On mine that are still over 6". For the front your fine. I would get the adjustable trac bar. but put on the leaf springs first and than see where it sits before you do the shackles. Just a thought...Juice

Longer Brake lines.

tommy1102 said:

You might start wanting to think about steering options and support issues. It really is amazing home much you have to start modifying after 4.5 inches ...

you said that the SYE was next on your list also ? well if you get this youd also need to invest in a new driveshaft proper for your set up. this can get kindof pricey. i just did the exact thing youve done and swapped all my 3 inch springs for 4.5 with spacers and shackles on top... so now i have roughly a 6" lift. ive previosly installed an adjustable track bar, s/s brake lines, longer lower control arms, and a transfer case drop. im running the stock ds with no sye which i need to get soon, its just that is where the money starts getting high though.

bottleworks said:
Longer Brake lines.

x2 easily forgotten about...

Back