• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hello everyone! also, Old Stage?...

Peach95

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys,
So I finally got around to joining NAXJA. I've had 2 XJs now, an '88 2-door Pioneer, and now a '92 4-door Sport named "Mrs. Peach" that I'm slowly trying to build up. Most of that work though is going to come after this year's 6,000+ road trip in it. Just wanted to say hi and introduce me an my "wife." I'm excited to finally be part of this!

Also, I'm curious if anyone has been up Old Stage/Gold Camp recently and knows the current condition? Heading up for a 4-day trip with some light wheeling this weekend, but with all the rain I'm curious if it's really muddy or falling apart again.

Thanks!
-Nolan Peach

Welcome to the forum!

No clue on the condition of Old Stage...

Welcome. We already have a peach. His name is Peach
May want to change your name to Apple, or banana.

Thanks for all the welcomes everyone! I'm actually Clark's younger brother, as Flores knows, so now you've gotta deal with confusion two Peach's! haha. I'm going to go check out Old Stage this afternoon. I'll letcha all know what it's lookin' like!

Lol another peach. Guess we can't give this one bad advice without the other knowing lol.

Alright, so, me and Mrs. Peach made it up Old Stage and Gold Camp with no problems. Old Stage is in great condition, but Gold Camp is more riddled with huge potholes than I've ever seen. The worst of it was about a 1-2' deep by 20' long pool of water that was covering the road at around 7 miles up Gold Camp. But hey, when in doubt, throttle out! We went through it twice with no problems!

Back