• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Gratuitous Lack Of Moderation - A little stroker build

It is good to see Russ is almost :anon: as meticulous as I used to be when rebuilding an automotive 350 block to change it from 260 +/- HP to 500 + hp to do amateur boat race.

You may not know this about Russ but 1500+ horsepower Chevy is his bread and butter. Strokers were a hobby that has become profit after the LS changed the hot rod scene.

As far as that bearing goes, it's just that one, and all 4.0's are apparently that way. Dunno why, but I asked about it too.

You may not know this about Russ but 1500+ horsepower Chevy is his bread and butter. Strokers were a hobby that has become profit after the LS changed the hot rod scene.

As far as that bearing goes, it's just that one, and all 4.0's are apparently that way. Dunno why, but I asked about it too.

That is what makes him a pro. I am just a novice who have a few dozen rebuilds mostly to original specs. Looking at a pro doing meticulous work remind me of my past.

Loosley 4.7, 11.35:1 compression.

If you want exact numbers you need to wait until we're done measuring.

close enough for me. got a target HP in mind?

That'd be overkill. Doubt those accessories are using much more than 5-ish horsepower... :D

Overkill is the entire point. ;)

I'd like to see mid 300's at the crank. It will never see an engine dyno, so we'll never know, but the jeep's got 30 or so pulls on the chassis dyno at aFe when they used it to build their XJ intake, so I'm hoping I can get them to do one more after tuning and see how much we gained.

Well Russ is like Allstate, "your in good hands"!

I was preparing for and then at King of the Hammers supporting a couple of SFR sponsored teams. Got home late last night, will get back to this probably next weekend.

Lol. The last few have probably been well over that. 4643 was 12:1 on an iron head.

Back