• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Gives a small smile

scottmcneal

NAXJA Forum User
Dear Mr. President,
Please find below my suggestion for fixing America 's economy. Instead of giving billions of dollars to companies that will squander the money on lavish parties and unearned bonuses, use the following plan.
You can call it the "Patriotic Retirement Plan":
There are about 40 million people over 50 in the work force. Pay them $1 million apiece severance for early retirement with the following stipulations:
1) They MUST retire. Forty million job openings - Unemployment fixed.
2) They MUST buy a new AMERICAN Car. Forty million cars ordered - Auto Industry fixed.
3) They MUST either buy a house or pay off their mortgage - Housing Crisis fixed.
It can't get any easier than that!!
P.S. If more money is needed, have all members in Congress pay their taxes..
Mr. President, while you're at it, make Congress retire on Social Security and Medicare. I'll bet both programs would be fixed pronto!

Made me a little happier today.We can always use a good laugh

Nit picking here - but do you really think any large consumable item is fully Made in America any more?
Really?

"2) They MUST buy a new AMERICAN Car. Forty million cars ordered - Auto Industry fixed."

What part made you laugh: the part where you liked chain mail bullshit or the part where you liked "fixing" the economy by spending $40 trillion?

Math is lollable

Yea, noticed GM closed down factories on the west coast, JIT is not working anymore...

What part made you laugh: the part where you liked chain mail bullshit or the part where you liked "fixing" the economy by spending $40 trillion?

Math is lollable

I guess i see humor in it. After all we know this is a joke, when it said BUY AMERICAN.

PS
IT's a JOKE..Try to laugh more, you and your friends would enjoy life more.:dunno:
OH wait you didn't vote for obamama did you? CHIT, if you did i can see why you see no humor here, your life sucks just like he does running this
GREAT country..LOL

See it's called humor.Mine is just funnier than yours.Again another joke.:shhh:LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
I lol'd!

I guess i see humor in it. After all we know this is a joke, when it said BUY AMERICAN.

PS
IT's a JOKE..Try to laugh more, you and your friends would enjoy life more.:dunno:
OH wait you didn't vote for obamama did you? CHIT, if you did i can see why you see no humor here, your life sucks just like he does running this
GREAT country..LOL

See it's called humor.Mine is just funnier than yours.Again another joke.:shhh:LOL

Hell no, I voted for Ron Paul. My humor is great, and slightly above chain mail dreck.

Tapatalky

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear Mr. President,
Please find below my suggestion for fixing America 's economy. Instead of giving billions of dollars to companies that will squander the money on lavish parties and unearned bonuses, use the following plan.
You can call it the "Patriotic Retirement Plan":
There are about 40 million people over 50 in the work force. Pay them $1 million apiece severance for early retirement with the following stipulations:
1) They MUST retire. Forty million job openings - Unemployment fixed.
2) They MUST buy a new AMERICAN Car. Forty million cars ordered - Auto Industry fixed.
3) They MUST either buy a house or pay off their mortgage - Housing Crisis fixed.

I actually called those suggestions into a late night radio talk show in early 2009.

Math is lollable

Leave it to this guy to all upset about a joke. :looser:

Who knows they might end up spending 40 trillion in the end? Was still a pretty good laugh.

Math is lollable
came here to say this.

It's funny to think about but... clearly wouldn't work. Not that what we're doing now will work either, that is.

Leave it to this guy to all upset about a joke. :looser:

Who knows they might end up spending 40 trillion in the end? Was still a pretty good laugh.

I'm not upset. Would you like me to post an email I received about my paypal account being deactivated or about the grand sum of money a Nigerian prince wants to give me? They're hilarious. :twak:

There's no fail there. I'm pointing out that its a stupid chainmail that's been circulating for some time. If you like the email, all power to you. Doesn't help the fact that there's really nothing funny about the economy right now or the idea that spending $40T is likely or even plausible.

Back