• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What I did this weekend

Starscream

NAXJA Forum User
So, just a few pics from the simple mods I did this weekend:

Removable doors:

0106081502.jpg

0106081504a.jpg

And modified my DetoursUSA backbone to recess into the grill for more clearance. At some point I'll probably go back and add some rectangular tubing, or maybe not. I like the look of it as is:

0106081503.jpg

All in all, a good weekend. The winch tray mod took waaaay less time than I thought it would. I just added a piece of 2x2x.25 angle in the back, redrilled the holes, cut and moved the fairlead mount and thar she blows.

looks good! What i did this weekend.... I put in a new clutch, flywheel, new downpipe. New sideexhaust wit cherry bomb. It was a lot of work.

I found out a fuze link has been bad for sometime without me knowing it. I found it after cleaning up some wiring then wondering why I only had 2 volts on some circuits. So after pulling out every wire, and some hair, looking for a short I was able to backtrrace to the fuze links. I found out the factory service mod for the no-start brake pedal switch was done like some blind monkey wired it, along with the previous owners attempt at bypassing the 2 volt circuits with wires from the battery. Then... I have to reloom almost every harness to clean up the mess I fixed and made myself in the process of fixing.
Things I have now that I didnt have before today:
A working stereo with 4 speakers
Working door lock buttons
Working Window switches, not just the drivers master control, all of them
Correctly wired fuze panel
Little lights in all the buttons and switches that actually work
Power mirrors that move
Power seats that actualy have live wires going to them
And a harnes that looks like it came from Jeep the day it was made without a bunch of odd colored wires jumpered into it.

I hate messes that become bigger messes:smsoap:

Oh yeah, I put some BPE's on the rear shocks too

removed all the old control arm. Got one old lca mount cut off, made a front diff cover and lower control arm skids. That sums up my whole weekend. Also swapped shocks yesterday on a 98 tj.

I finally got my son's pre-runner Cherokee off my rack and out of the garage!
That POS has taken up space in my garage for the last couple of months.

Replaced front and rear axle assemblies about a month ago, then we needed to replace the entire exhaust. Picked up the last of the parts at the junk yard last weekend.

It was all going great until I broke off the far back exhaust stud.....ughhhh!
We gave up trying to get it out and just installed everything without replacing the damn thing...its not leaking yet, but it will.

Now I can get to work on some of my own projects.

Rick

Installed new bigger rear driveshaft, attempted to make some e-cables fit my 8.8

I'm thinkin of going doorless this summer, as soon as it hits about 75/80*. Its WAAAY too cold to do it right now. its in the low thirties. =( Looks good, though.

And I got my trans/transfercase out and took apart the cluch. Now i have to go get a new one.

i did my B.U.M.P.S.T.O.P.S! FINALLY!

hope i didnt allready kill the fox 2.0s.... they were bottoming out front/rear horribly....

Sounds like some of you guys really got to work this weekend. I'm going to try and build my rear bumper next weekend after I cut and fold the rear quarters. Just some simple 2x3x.25 tubing with bracing and supports for the side "wings" running to the nut strip for my Skidrow tank skid. Shouldn't be too much work, or at least I hope not. Gonna cut my old hitch apart and use the receiver in the new bumper for my recovery point.

So far as the doorless thing goes:

I already fragged one of the brass sleeves that goes in the hinge, but oddly enough I just dropped it back in and it hasn't come out again yet. I haven't had any ill effects other than freezing my nuts off driving around into the night. :D

Keep 'em coming, ladies. The more pics of anything awesome the better.

EDIT: Oh ya, and I'm going to try and relocate the Warn's solenoid box under hood. Maybe extend the controller plug wires out to the front so I don't have to pop the hood to plug up.

No carpet makes it fold like a taco too...

Haha, i need to tear out my carpet. the only thing not stopping me is the "hot spots" people are taking about. and the fact that i have my trans and everything out, and that i need to do several other things before i can get to that.

Starscream said:
I already fragged one of the brass sleeves that goes in the hinge, but oddly enough I just dropped it back in and it hasn't come out again yet. I haven't had any ill effects other than freezing my nuts off driving around into the night. :D

Shoot, just stick some ball pins in the hiinge holes. then you can pull them out when you want the doors off and stick them back in when you want them on. I did it and love how easy it is with the help of someone holding the door. PITA when it is just me.

Back