• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Train Wreck thread

3dsmax_rendering_Tiny_train_toy_Part_2.jpg

Have you guys notice you are picking on me:rattle:?Now it isn't like i own a bimmer or anything like that.I heard you all are very nice here on this naxja:guitar:. I am asking things that i can't find the answer to and you all are trying to :moon:hurt me.I do have thin skin cause i am old.Now lets be nice and help for a change.

Thank you.

Now where do i find that blinker fluid at?

:roflmao:

You're going to need a $9billion tool and fifty hours of experience to install that fluid, it's not for novices, only experienced mechanics can figure it out

Re: Re: Train Wreck thread

You're going to need a $9billion tool and fifty hours of experience to install that fluid, it's not for novices, only experienced BMW mechanics can figure it out

FTFY.

You're going to need a $9billion tool and fifty hours of experience to install that fluid, it's not for novices, only experienced BWM mechanics can figure it out

So what you are saying is i got to take my JEEP to the BMW dealer to have this filled? Will they or can they work on a jeep, Cause i KNOW they need VERY special tools for them.Jeeps that is, not BMW's.:D. I just hope when i get this all said and done them little green lights on my dash stop flashing.

I know the fluid is very dirty and low, should i have it towed or do you think i can drive it?

Again thank you for the help

OK i had a friend who thinks he can work on anything come by an help me, man was this a waste of MY time.The OLD guy across the street came over and we got it filled, OLD people are almost cool if they didn't smell like death.So now i am ready for my day trip to bull frog.I hope my little jeep on 195/75/15 will do okay.
When i get home i'll need to ask about my T-Case, does it use fluid or water for cooling. How would i install a inline cooler on a manual trans, this should be easy.Right

Scott, I have a question about your tow hook setup. I am thinking of using the same hooks, they sure look beefy enough for what I intend to do, but was wondering if they are easy to powder coat, I just don't like the shiny look of them. Also, If I mount them to my hood bolts, wouldn't it be easier to get to in case I'm ever trapped in a mud hole? I recall somebody did that before and was quite happy with that setup.

towhooks-1.jpg

Last edited:
I was going to but i can't figure out how to open the hood.I looked for a week and said screw it.I know nothing when it comes to these jeeps.I wonder if i should have somebody open it to check the oil?

Good luck.Mine have never broke and we have used them all the time at the Mall, shopping carts are always getting stuck.

Just use a hole saw for the areas where you need to pull a dipstick. Then you wont need to open your hood. You can fill your engine the same way as the trans through the tube. (=
HTH

Scott, I have the same problem. Whenever I change air filters I have to take the wheels all the way off and climb into the engine bay from underneath.

I go to expensive shops for oil changes, but I’m shy so I never asked them how to open the hood. Maybe you knock on the grille three times, I just don’t have a clue.

Back