• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need some help maybe? New member

Ace98XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Hey new XJ owner here. Traded my 98 Dakota for a 98 XJ 4x4. Dakota had 228k this has 231k so not much difference. Engine has a slight tick at idle that honestly sounds like a misfire because I can hear the exhaust sort of puffing at idle but when I drive both go away and is smooth as can be, owned a lot of cars and trucks only few were this smooth. Not majorly worried about it but want to get it sorted. Stopped at a gas station and noticed condensation on the ground near the right passenger tire then saw coolant there too and a somewhat good amount. Didn't overheat or anything just something I noticed, traced it back and looks like it's the overflow/fill tank. Has a broken off piece it seems that's near the front if the tank looks like a spout, direct access to coolant and that's where I saw traces of water/coolant, any idea what it could be? Checked both rad hoses and the brush pan underneath the rad wasn't holding liquid/dirty from a leak at all. This Jeep NEEDS new paint job. Thinking of doing plastidip or rhinoline all of it or is just getting a maaco better? Also what's a good or cheap (can't use those two in same fashion IG) to lift without having to extend brake lines/steering shaft. Only looking for about 2-3 inches so I can add 31s like my Dakota had. Sorry if this is the wrong subsection.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

For painting go monstaliner. Way better than plastidipping or rhino lining. You can check the body forum for some threads for those that have done it.

http://www.monstaliner.com/

You can fit 31's with some fender trimming and no lift. It would be a little tight, but would work. Another idea (as stated above) is using XJ upcountry, V8 Grand or Bronco coils (IIRC) to get you about 1-2"" in the front you can also add a little lift with an ACOS or bigger isolator pads. You can bastard pack the rear and no a shackle relocation to get you a little more lift as well.

I have a little bit of fender trimming and running 33's with no lift

34p02lk.jpg

Back