• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

http://chautauqua.craigslist.org/cto/4603885965.html

hmmm...

i need something that gets better mileage to drive to the city that melissa can drive, but she cant drive a stick :(

Honda put 2-3 different motors in those damn things during that generation. One or two had timing belts while the other(s) had timing chains. Something to consider. If it's a belt, make sure it's documented that it's been changed recently. They're a 100k item on those cars if i'm not mistaken. One of them was notorious for head gaskets as well. Buddy had one that popped it but I can't remember what size engine it was. 1.3 maybe? Don't hold me to that.

We did the t-belt job on his. Belt, water pump, tensioner, rollers...the whole shebang. Kind of a pain in the ass. Not a lot of room to change it and somewhat over-engineered.

so the spray paint stripping on gold jeep is becoming a pain in the butt...80% of it comes off easily. the rest is really on there. i feel like i'm wasting too much time and there are spots that the paint needs to be fixed anyway, so am i better off just trying to do a paint job on it? my wifes uncle has a good hvlp sprayer and compressor...but what am i looking at for cost? the jeep needs very little body work, just filling in some chips and one tiny ding. i realize doing a factory style paint job would be pretty expensive, but is there a good less expensive option that would be durable and look good...this paint will be exposed to western ny winters.

mainly i am worried about getting all this paint off and realizing that it still doesn't look good and i wasted a lot of my free time...my brain tells me a square box should be fairly easy to sand down a little and paint.

Going to Crandon, WI this weekend for the Dirt Riot race.

Just going to watch, camp, hang, drink, taking just the RV with no trailer.

So over this past weekend, some guys suggested that we take I69 to the UP and go over instead of going via Chitcago.

Google says:
Via Chitcago 8 hrs 10 min 481 miles
Via UP 9 hrs 52 min 615 miles

Leaving Friday morning by 10am hopefully from Fort Wayne, returning Sunday during the day sometime.

UP seems a lot farther, but Chitcago traffic is messy...

Thoughts?

mac 'in an RRRRRRRRRRRRRRv clark!' gyvr

What day are you coming up? When ya leaving?

mac 'post must have been too long for you to read completely' gyvr

This weekend could be Thursday, Friday or Saturday...

You don't work Thursday so maybe leave early, which would be a good idea to take a few hours in Mackinaw, stop for pasties, stop at The Mystery Spot, Castle Rock...

Lar's dad is staying with us for a week.
His phone will not work here, I asked him who his provider is and he said Verizon, Verizon is the only carrier that works well here, so I call them for him. They can not find his account.
I look down at his phone and it says T-Mobile on it.
I ask him if he might have T-Mobile, he says, yea, that's it.
I hung up and told him his phone will not work here.
He uses Lar's phone to call home, he talks to his girlfriensd and tells him that his phone will not work here. After he hangs up he says, "She has T-Mobile and I heard her just fine, It must be my phone."
This morning he asks me If I can go get a WiFi extender, perhaps that will fix his phone.

I get so tired of trying to explain technology to old people.

Last week my mom called me and asked me to add "time" to her data plan because her internet is slow at home. She has Excede and when she uses too much, they throttle it down. I have explained to here that her home internet and her phone internet are not the same even though she uses WiFi at home to look at her phone.

I give up, I am going to give them Manchie's number.

This weekend could be Thursday, Friday or Saturday...

You don't work Thursday so maybe leave early, which would be a good idea to take a few hours in Mackinaw, stop for pasties, stop at The Mystery Spot, Castle Rock...

What's the correct way to eat a pasty? Gravy? We don't have those just like you don't have tamales.

Was not impressed with my first one. Boston Market pot pie was about 100x better.

so the spray paint stripping on gold jeep is becoming a pain in the butt...80% of it comes off easily. the rest is really on there. i feel like i'm wasting too much time and there are spots that the paint needs to be fixed anyway, so am i better off just trying to do a paint job on it? my wifes uncle has a good hvlp sprayer and compressor...but what am i looking at for cost? the jeep needs very little body work, just filling in some chips and one tiny ding. i realize doing a factory style paint job would be pretty expensive, but is there a good less expensive option that would be durable and look good...this paint will be exposed to western ny winters.

mainly i am worried about getting all this paint off and realizing that it still doesn't look good and i wasted a lot of my free time...my brain tells me a square box should be fairly easy to sand down a little and paint.

Painting is the easy part, prep work is what makes the paint job. No longer than you keep vehicles, just use some single stage implement paint in one of the many colors available. Add a little extra hardner and have at it. Rust will get through any paint.......

Cheese "lots of IH red implement paint on my grain trucks" Man

You guys are making me hungry for some pasties. Haven't had one in years. May have to make a trip up north sometime this year to get one.

i was totally thinking about something else when you guys said pasties...

just google pasties if you are unclear about what i am referring to...

Back