• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Introduce You and your Jeepspeed / Prerunner

Hey guys,
I have been on here for a few months now just reading after i just got my last 1998 Cherokee 2wd 4.0l for $800 with a RE 4.5 lift and a locker out back on 32s. When i got it it had a broken leafspring center pin, smashed front bumper and fender and broken steering, stupid kid driving drunk hit a parked car This cherokee will by my 11 cherokee since i was 16 till now (23). Most have been parts jeeps or rock crawlers but never a baja jeep. So I am excited to do something new. I didnt want to post up till i had some stuff done and it would be something worth looking at. Right now its kinda in poser mode, looks ready to mash but still needs alot. Just finished the front and rear bumpers and bought the fenders from TandJ last weekend. Thanks.
P1010453.jpg

P1010454.jpg

P1010455.jpg

thanks, yea ill snap a pic of it tomorrow.

Well im Andrew. Im 20 yrs old. 88 XJ laredo edition. 4.0l with 189k and running strong. Here is the rig. Bought her off my bro and he got it off my uncle. So here is what was done to it when i bought it.
Supension and Brakes:4.5in lift (most likely its a mix and match), pro craps all around, 1 1/2 blocks in the rear.
Wheels and Tires:31x10.50R15 Mud Terrains, Mickey Thompson 15x8 rims
Motor: 4.0 I6 Renix motor, Rock-It Parts CAI, TB Spacer, Flowmaster Delta 40 2.5 exhaust
Tranny:stock
Diffs: stock
Accessories:Offroad Lights, shitty stereo lol
What ive done to it so far since i bought it 4 months ago:
Suspension and Brakes: Rototec Drilled and slotted rotors up front
Motor: Minor tune up (spark plugs, oil change etc)
Tranny:Stock
Diffs:Stock
Accessories:Sony Xplod stereo hahaha
My job doesnt pay much and im going to college and dont have to many connections that have jeep parts so i havent done to many stuff to her. But here she is in her current state.

I got aloooooooooooooooong way to go

Welcome to the forum GarciaXJ, i am from Holtville CA, next to yuma im there every other weekend.. i have a zj but if you need any suspension work i have a friend that does long arms,bumpers, light racks and all that good stuff.

Hey, my name's Joe, 19. In between Merced and Fresno in CA. This is my XJ, my very first vehicle. Please bare with me its still relatively stock an I have a very long way to go with it but I really want to make it into a beast with alot of muscle that can hold its own in the dunes and the streets, as well as blast through the dirt backroads! Started as a $500 "deal". Approx. $3500 later it looks like I'm gonna have myself a solid rig :banghead: Just stuborn like that I guess. No flares, no rear sway bar (debating reinstall for better handling)...

Hacked the muffler off LOVED the sound! Thinkin about a quick on/off muffler to make it more pass.-friendly. Cut the fenders, Recently removed carpet (had a small pool in it...) Removable front doors now, rears someday....

Working on custom half/hybrid/wtf doors lol I have a rear hatch to use with these during summer months for an "open" feeling...and yes I'm going to do the squirt gun mod too. Tailgaters beware!!!

I'm currently wrapping up rebuilding the engine, quite an experience :repair: Hopefully start it tomorrow afternoon!

Long term goals: Prerunner suspension goodies, D44's (60's maybe? never know) Cage it, chop it, 5.0 stroker with turbocharger....NOW...In reality? lol well, I plan on getting as close to that as life allows me to. Anything to make it stronger, lighter, and more powerful!

Howdy guys,

My name is Josh. I live in Fairfield Pennsylvania. Not a lot of go fasties around here but i do make occasional runs to the pine barrens for some speed running. I am building for a hybrid go fast/ wheelin rig.

Specs as of right now.

RE3.5
Currie LCA's
RC UCA's
33" summit mud dawgs
Bilstein 7100's up front 10" short bodies. valved stewpid light.(for the rear of a tacoma)
trust.

In the works.

RC dropbrackets
clayton UCA's with width for RK build-a-ball
Outboarded rear shock with f250 mount and bracing ( have 7100 schrader valve)10"travel
currie anti rock
front winch tube prerunner bumper
Trussed, gusseted 30 with rk build-a-ball UCA joints
trussed and locked xj44
Tube rear bumper

Future.

revalve shocks to 360/80 front and 275/78 rear.
4.88 gears
33x10.50 km2's
performance adders

Enough with the talk... pics.

_D208808-1.jpg

_D208775.jpg

urrinitout.jpg

brappppppp.jpg

and my rear bumper in the works.

rearprimer.jpg

sideupperprimer.jpg

hi iam me :anon:this is my toy/dd in progress its got re 3.5 spring and tf spacers with pc 3000 shocks all 4 corners with tf shackles out back . inside has set of prp big boys and a trunk full of stuff to get me home . have an 8.25 out back and the crappy vacuum disco out front.

IMG00078.jpg

IMG00087-1.jpg

Greetings to all!! My name is Tony, I am am a 36 year old nuclear power worker that just moved to the Phoenix are from North Carolina. I had a 90 XJ back in the day, then built a few CJ/YJ/TJ for the slow mountain crawling of Washington state, upstate New York, and North Carolina. Now I am thinking the slow thing was fun but I want to try the fast thing since there is much more oppertunity for it here in Arizona. We unloaded all of our Jeeps and went the Mustang route for the last few years, but now it's time to go back home to the Jeep. I dont have any pics to throw up yet as I have not purchased my start yet, but am starting the planning stage with a built commencing here at the end of February (dont worry, I will start a build thread and keep you all posted on my slow as molaasses build).

Since I am starting from scratch and taking my first foray into foing faster than 5 mph, I will let you know what I am looking for and stay tuned for any helpfull info. So here are my current goals:

Cost effective (have to be able to build the wife's jeep alongside)
Daily driver (15 mile straight road or desert to the plant)
Able to do handle the speed (not talking race trim here)
Still able to bring my kids (driving or riding)
Able to do some trail riding (family loves wheeling, this will be the first tim we dont have 2 purpose built trail rigs)
Keep it ugly enough the wife wont steal it from me (I have had a couple Jeeps end up with plates that read "herjp")
Did I mention be able to run the desert at a decent pace (Sick dog's rig in his 2009 vids as inspiration)

I am sure I will have tons of questions and be on the lookout for input as this is my first time trying to go fast. I take it a 4-1 transfer case is not what I will be shopping for this time.

As I mentioned, I don't even have the start yet, so any recomendations as to where to start, year, trim etc. is much appreciated.

Thanks, and I look forward to the advise (and of course friendly bashing) from all.

Tony

im dave

88-4.0-aw4-231-hp30/44-custom 3 link and cage-34s-crappy bumpers and steering-almost no glass left

100_1030.jpg

i live in reno so shes an all around rig.

greetings! i'm a 25-year old female named Doré (pronounced door-RAY),

and this is the love of my life, "CLIFFORD"
184081_199571576767825_101752549883062_541258_7999460_n.jpg

Clifford is the first and only vehicle i've ever owned, a dramatic 7-year-long love affair and due to life's little "surprises", financial setbacks, and being a female (lacking know-how, tools and/or strength to work on it myself) it's taken this long to only get this far (above photo was taken on Monday, right after i got the new bumper installed). with that said, this is what i've got so far:

4" Fabtech suspension lift (installed in 2004 and needs replacing badly... i've had my eye on the Full-Traction 6")
31" all-terrains wrapped around black steel Cragar RockCrawler wheels
Rusty's exhaust kit: CherryBomb Pro cat-back exhaust, 1" throttle body spacer and K&N 6x9 cone intake
SatoFab front bumper
and other little cosmetic whozits and whatsits. ;)

as of now, i'm dead-set on racing in JeepSpeed within the next year or two. i've been following JeepSpeed since i first found out about it and this forum around 5 years ago. however, i recently lost my mechanic (aka broke up with the ex-boyfriend), and i'm looking for JS people to help me with advice, wrenching, social networking, etc. but i'm also trying to absorb as much as possible through the forums!

anywho, i plan on learning a lot from everyone here in the upcoming months, and hopefully meeting some of you in person, so i wanted to formally introduce myself. ;)

Last edited:

Clifford is the first and only vehicle i've ever owned, a dramatic 7-year-long love affair and due to life's little "surprises", financial setbacks, and being a female (lacking know-how, tools and/or strength to work on it myself) it's taken this long to only get this far (above photo was taken on Monday, right after i got the new bumper installed). with that said, this is what i've got so far:

4" Fabtech suspension lift (installed in 2004 and needs replacing badly... i've had my eye on the Full-Traction 6")
Rusty's exhaust kit: CherryBomb Pro cat-back exhaust, 1" throttle body spacer and K&N 6x9 cone intake
SatoFab front bumper

as of now, i'm dead-set on racing in JeepSpeed within the next year or two. i've been following JeepSpeed since i first found out about it and this forum around 5 years ago. however, i recently lost my mechanic (aka broke up with the ex-boyfriend), and i'm looking for JS people to help me with advice, wrenching, social networking, etc. but i'm also trying to absorb as much as possible through the forums!

anywho, i plan on learning a lot from everyone here in the upcoming months, and hopefully meeting some of you in person, so i wanted to formally introduce myself. ;)

Nice start! Welcome to NAXJA!

SatoFab front bumper

Welcome to the mayhem, if you are accepting bf applications let us know there are alot of people who are single and know how to work on jeeps here.. jk ;)

welcome to the forum. i had that same fabtech kit on my rig for years and did a hell of a lot with it.

thanks for the kind welcome, all. i spent probably 5 hours looking at threads and doing research this morning! you guys are so helpful. :)
haha, well if i am accepting any applications in the future i'll be sure to send a PM. ;) the "ex" is also a member of NAXJA, and the JeepSpeed section at that (building on a 3700 MJ). but i seriously doubt he'll ever be looking in this thread.

SatoFab front bumper

Be sure to make it to the MORE Powder Puff race October 15th. There should be at least 2 all-girl Jeepspeed teams, maybe more. I know both groups and they are pretty approachable.

Back