• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

One of my biggest complaints too. It doesn't take any longer to type the answer out. Or better yet, spend 5 seconds....since you seem to be a search master yourself and post a link to another thread with the answer.

I dunno, I'm kinda split on that. I hate answering the same question like 40 times but I hate being a dick too. I generally either don't answer that kind of question, or say to search and suggest some usernames and keywords to search for. Usually that's enough to get someone started, I found NAXJA because I spent like 3 hours wandering around on google trying to figure out how to replace my d30 pinion seal... without knowing it was a pinion seal, or a dana 30, or much of anything else. All I knew is my front axle was leaking a little where the driveshaft went in and that I didn't want it to do that, even someone saying "search for a writeup on replacing a dana 30 pinion seal" would have saved me probably 2-3 hours at least.

I dunno, I'm kinda split on that. I hate answering the same question like 40 times but I hate being a dick too. I generally either don't answer that kind of question, or say to search and suggest some usernames and keywords to search for.

I have no problem with just not answering. At least doing that you aren't coming off as a jerk and chasing the new guys off.

Giving someone new words to search for isn't the same as just saying "search noob" at least you are still helping.

Then it needs removed from being one of the "perks"

Q.
Why should I join NAXJA? What are the benefits?A. This is a relatively common question from perspective members of NAXJA and while many people say that the forums and the information provided is reason enough for joining, we do our best to provide many other benefits of membership. NAXJA is a club first and fore-most and an online discussion site second. We strive to host 4-5 national events every year which all members are welcome to attend. These events are at the largest and best known OHV areas in the US and are typically multi-day events which include a BBQ and raffle. With the effort to establish more local chapters of NAXJA we are providing the members a way to meet with local XJers and participate in their own events outside of the national events.
When joining you are granted access to the members only forum, the membership news forum, the technical articles area, the forum archives area and you are granted several discounts with vendors. Many of our supporting vendors offer temporary or permanent discounts to our club Members. You will also recieve your membership card and club sticker.

IIRC there used to be an actual Tech Article section available to members only, which was separate from the Tech Forums.

I have no problem with just not answering. At least doing that you aren't coming off as a jerk and chasing the new guys off.

Giving someone new words to search for isn't the same as just saying "search noob" at least you are still helping.

This....

The problem being is the next guy that is looking will come across the same thing instead of an actual answer to the question, if there are 20 threads that say "search for Dana 30 pinion seal" and only one answer in those 20 posts. The next guy is going to have to go thru all of them to find the answer.

that being said if I can answer quick then I will, if not I will let the next guy answer.

The problem being is the next guy that is looking will come across the same thing instead of an actual answer to the question, if there are 20 threads that say "search for Dana 30 pinion seal" and only one answer in those 20 posts. The next guy is going to have to go thru all of them to find the answer.

that being said if I can answer quick then I will, if not I will let the next guy answer.

I'm going to look at an m416 this weekend. In great shape and everything works and he wants $800. Gonna try and talk him down a bit but it's a fair price for the shape.

Joys of home ownership, got a small list of stuff I need to buy this weekend:
*12' 5/4 treated deck board
*four prong dryer cord
*dryer vent hose
* possibly a hose reel (Sarah's parents have a hose they have never used)
*possibly a sprinkler (need to see if I can make the grass come back in nice and lush)

And for my own cooking reasons, a charcoal smoker.

I know this isn't my only trip to the hardware store to get stuff in a long time, but at least there is nothing major wrong with the house.

So what do you do the night before you leave for your honeymoon vacation???

I drink some homebrew and then install new blinds in all our bedrooms...

99SJ 'Get your mind out of the gutter... For now ;-) ' Ex

Kitchen light is crazy hot and bright halogen...

Meet moth

Smells like a house fire

turn light off and go to bed...

mac 'wife is a bit more paranoid' 'gyvr

dang, read through the past few pages...I missed a chance to get in on hugs....

Cheese "mouth hugs?" Man

Back