• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Help! Looking for ball joint kit for Dana 30

ljobbins

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
My ball joints and axle seals are not great and after managing to tear everything apart, I got one ball joint half out with the O’Reilly rental kit and realized it is not the right kit for our jeeps. So I’m stuck in a crappy place right now needing a Jeep kit. Does anyone know where to rent one or have one I can borrow? I don’t have hundreds of dollars at the moment to buy a new kit online. Im in Oceanside (north sd county).

I've made do with a combination of a pitman arm puller and a big hammer (not at the same time of course). Not ideal but will get the job done. Lots of penetrating oil.

Explain this for me because I have both, but I keep try to think of how they would work for installation without hurting them.

My ball joints and axle seals are not great and after managing to tear everything apart, I got one ball joint half out with the O’Reilly rental kit and realized it is not the right kit for our jeeps. So I’m stuck in a crappy place right now needing a Jeep kit. Does anyone know where to rent one or have one I can borrow? I don’t have hundreds of dollars at the moment to buy a new kit online. Im in Oceanside (north sd county).

If you are near a harbor freight, they have a Ball Joint service kit which is not the best quality but good enough to do a handful of u-joints and you will need the 4wd kit as well.

Links here:
https://www.harborfreight.com/ball-joint-service-kit-for-2wd-and-4wd-vehicles-63279.html

https://www.harborfreight.com/14-piece-master-ball-joint-adapter-set-62785.html

I actually got it done tonight. I talked to a shop during a break at school and they gave me some tips. So along with the ones on here and theirs I finished it up. Way more work than I thought it would be. Freezing them did seem to make a big difference. And every parts store I went to only has 4wheel drive adapters for Ford. They just say 4wd on their websites and their advertising but the actual kits say ford and they do not work for Jeep axles.

Back