• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

Got my 98 ZJ back from the shop. Had them do a once over and list all the issues they found. I have to replace both front wheel bearings, valve cover gaskets, rear main seal, and oil pan gasket.

I am also leaking tranny fluid at the junction between the transmission and the transfer case, but that will require the t-case to come out. Still thinking about that repair.

Lastly the wire/connection that runs the alarm is bad in the drivers door switch and that part isn’t in production anymore. Hoping I can just unplug it and call it good.

Got my 98 ZJ back from the shop. Had them do a once over and list all the issues they found. I have to replace both front wheel bearings, valve cover gaskets, rear main seal, and oil pan gasket.

I am also leaking tranny fluid at the junction between the transmission and the transfer case, but that will require the t-case to come out. Still thinking about that repair.

Lastly the wire/connection that runs the alarm is bad in the drivers door switch and that part isn’t in production anymore. Hoping I can just unplug it and call it good.

Also have all new shocks to install

Yeah that's a good idea... I'm at around 3 to 4 inches of lift and running stock front driveshafts. I was afraid the yoke would make my shaft to short. Did you have that problem?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Welp, decided I didn't like the standard winch bumper option ... Thoughts on winch position?
faedcdd4292485dae39eec5a3f491a2f.jpg
20d0303fbb076f780ca0854ca0899759.jpg

Well, I have the JK Rubicon rear diff ready to put under the old XJ. I wanted to put it under this past weekend but could not make it happen. Too much rain. I will try again this weekend.
You guys who went this route, What did you do for parking brake cable?

Welp, decided I didn't like the standard winch bumper option ... Thoughts on winch position?
faedcdd4292485dae39eec5a3f491a2f.jpg
20d0303fbb076f780ca0854ca0899759.jpg

On my bumper, my winch bolts against the front of the bumper. I used some C channel that my buddy had laying around in his shop that ended up being the exact size to sit my warn winch inside of, then just burned it into some tie in plates. I tapered the ends a bit, and I'll add tube sides as soon as I get a chance

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

On my bumper, my winch bolts against the front of the bumper. I used some C channel that my buddy had laying around in his shop that ended up being the exact size to sit my warn winch inside of, then just burned it into some tie in plates. I tapered the ends a bit, and I'll add tube sides as soon as I get a chance

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
I'm actually doing something similar to "baddadfab" with a few mods. Check them out.

I finally got a chance to install the JK Rubicon rear axle in the XJ and the pinion angle is off. Trying to find some 8 inch long by 2 or 3 degrees angle shims.

I should have done a mockup before welding the perches.

I have bought a new vacuum cleaner and made an interior cleaning. Very useful thing. I have not used it before. I think that I'll clean the car more often now.

Finally putting the winch on. Wait I'm to broke to buy a bumper so I have to build one.... Sucks being broke...

It's nowhere near finished
1cd8ae3fe80be30992881c98ce38e649.jpg

My oldest got her learners permit earlier this week, so we've been spending a lot of time in the Jeep teaching her to drive. She's driven all 4 of mine and likes the Commander the best. I think she likes being up higher than in the ZJs.

Got some good stuff at the junkyard yesterday. Found a new taillight for the XK, as well as new back door window seals for it. Mine were dried out and cracked. Not sure what I'll do with this yet, but I did find a wrecked 2017 Compass Trailhawk and was able to pull the factory powdercoated red rear tow hook.

Anyone near Knoxville have a xj front driveshaft...? I haven't been able to find one for a good bit

Heading to Harlan for the Crawl in a few days.

Mostly finished winch plate...
8fc8469becef21ea1fcc1736d0369be1.jpg

That is a beautiful installation. With a hawse fairlead, you may be able to re-install the OEM or similar bumper.

Started building a shed in the back yard. Looking forward to getting all the random crap out of my garage so that I have room to work on the trucks again!

Back