• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My jeep build with photos over the last few years.

jeep looks good, I sure envy that dry cut saw lol
harness looks familiar, I did LED a while after, so worth it.

any other pics on your 2x8 sliders mounting, ide sure like to do this after frame stiffeners!

jeep looks good, I sure envy that dry cut saw lol
harness looks familiar, I did LED a while after, so worth it.

any other pics on your 2x8 sliders mounting, ide sure like to do this after frame stiffeners!
Thanks.
That's good eye on the saw. I've wanted one for years and finally did it. It's so darn handy cuts straight n true and cool. Its very useful making cuts to do exhaust bends.
Will be doing a exhaust on my friend's jeep looking forward to some pie cut bends.
Then mine later on. My down pipe is smashed from when my motor mounts were letting the motor dent it against the driveline

I dont think I have anymore of the slider install . I just welded them in didnt add a angle iron like some do. Need to do frame stiffners then make some supports tied from sliders to frame. Like these.
https://www.ksuspensionfab.com/store/p155/Rocker_Replacement_Support_Legs.html#/

I'm amazed how well these 50dollar lights work. Makes me wonder what a 100 dollar pair would do.
I'm not huge on bolting lights on the bumper these will keep me from doing that. At least for awhile.

Still buttoning up under the hood to do then move on to something else.
236405d32367e9478aef96f66a290a04.jpg
bc0e5a69559913b4820418e94b4fe4ab.jpg
668f2bdf3dafd0b3ebd9ae3b1696ee29.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Wrapped 1/8 " around tube to get cut lines in the body quitting till the morning
90231b7501427be4709142e44450ffb7.jpg

Met my goal and have 4 functioning fenders. Not 100% but done enough.

Theresthings I'd do differently if I did this again but I'm happy with the outcome.
Now I can do a roof rack tire carrier land it on fender and punch a tube through body behind the rear seat and tie to the roof rack cage. Hehe.

These are the last pics on this project.

I need to stock up on a couple more tubes incase we get locked down.
8326f211d7e42ab51a77b99ebdba50a5.jpg
2d3771cac2bba5d8f073def0a6fedd42.jpg
dcc87e07125a38211897cefa693c726c.jpg

YEP! Those came out badass man!!!

It’d kill me to do that good, and get that over spray up front- my ocd would eat me alive! Lmao luckily touch up is pretty easy for you

I’m lacking a bender, but seriously want to ditch the plastic ($$$$) bushwhacker shiot that came on my Jeep when I got it.

Sounds like you have plans for at least a semi exo cage? That’s my goal one day.. inner cage roof rack halo to tube fenders like you got goin on.

Lights and grill look nice too- I think that grill is 80s? Like 87-89... probably way off

Last edited:
Thanks yes probably semi exotic but with a few bars crossing through.

I think it's going to all get all sprayed green I thought black fenders would be cool but I think all green would look better now or khaki.

I'm loving the bender. Cant wait to get a full sized spare on it. I have a way with taking out tires. Concerns me when I'm 40 mile's from a paved rd.

man you keep building this stuff and im gonna be chopping into my rig even more lol. looks great! ide love to stay the same liftish with 35s, this definitely gives me hope.

by far the cleanest cut n fold rear bumper ive ever seen tied in, you got it flush on there, like it came that way.

nicely done.

Thank you.
I love doing this stuff. I almost bought fenders at one point but realized they would brake and not really gain much clearance
I can fit 35s easy
I'm sitting about 1.5" of lift have not added bump stops anywhere.
I did the 2x8 sliders with this plan in mind. Tie bumpers and fenders to them.

I cant stand going on trails one creek crossing and the windshield is coverd. Not so any more:)

What did you do to the plate going to the body side of the fenders? Do the run deep past the fender into the wheel well? Any welding to the body side?

Actually I cheated. And couldnt bring myself to cut the body yet. The 1/8"is butted up to the body.
I did tack the passenger side to the fender but stopped because sheet metal was warping badly.

I'm going to cut the folded fender section out at some point. Thatl gain another 1"or so of clearance.

Also do some off road design zero rate adaleaf to move axle back an it. And gain alitt more clearance for 36's maybe.

No not welded to body yet. Still debating on cutting the cut and fold out. You can see it in the flex pic
f63c9510816a843747bc6a6821fcfaa0.jpg

Maybe it's time to do 8.25 and matching front dana 30.
A year ago I was gung ho to get this 8.25 in. I welded the spiders trussed and disc brake. Never did get brake lines finished nd thts when I became unmotivated to do it.
Those are brake lines off my k5 they wont work.
bd9402d2cc7788edf8e38dba79822b67.jpg

I wouldn't do anything until you found the time to remove the Lincoln-locker.

Been running my 35 Lincoln locked for a few years.
I've got a light foot and it's worked amazing. I walk through stuff idling that high dollar rigs go through spinning and breaking stuff

Well a lot of the local clubs (including my own) do not allow them on runs. They are considered likely to fail and not be repairable on the trail.

Back