• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What's everyone running?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you honestly think that we didn't do everything we could to get camping spots and catering then you're mistaken. I PERSONALLY spent countless days trying to get in touch with ANYONE at twin grove who could give me answer on tent pricing and available spots. If you want to know all the details feel free to get in touch with me Rich.

All of us up here LOVE Nacfest and I don't want to see this happen, but attendance has been down. Of course we're going to consider moving the raffle and tshirts to an event that's grown to be huge and actually brought in new members. And no matter where you have this event, you're having it in one region or the other.

I honestly didn't even want to be on the BOD after all the shit we took about moving rocktoberfest up here to begin with. But I did because NO ONE wanted to do it.

X2 on all counts.

Rich, you are my friend and I think you are being mislead, I would be happy to chat with you on the phone. I'm hoping these are not personal attacks and just venting on your end.

If you think for one moment that any of us merely living in the "North" wanted the "South" to suffer you are gravely mistake and I take that personally. This "balance of power" has nothing to do with it. Nobody else ran. How many years did it go when the current BOD was just members and nothing, not a thing happened up in the north besides a M&G that a non-BOD member started? How many years did the current BOD run a successful events down in PA? Sorry I don't think the location whether it be PA, NH, or Russia makes a difference. Those were all good years.

Booking the pavilion was never the problem, but when you call the campground at 10am in the morning, have someone answer but they refuse to talk and will only say taking questions on calls from 1-5pm it gets frustrating. Call back several times during that timeframe only to get a machine that never returns calls. Colin, Chris (vetteboy) and I all have experienced that over the past 2 years.

Again, nobody else stepped up in November. We all did this so the NAC wouldn't die completely.

Lastly, I will repeat myself: Take the location out of it. We are not raping and stripping NACFest on purpose. Look at it as 2 events, no location. Wouldn't you want the one that is bringing in new members, has lots of people, a good place to camp without BS, etc, etc to be the one that is the main show? What if you were a donor for the raffle? It is easy to bitch behind a keyboard but when the numbers are not there they simply are not there. Those that can see the Nat. BOD forum will even note that they suggested it be moved last year. We wanted to continue with NACFest the way it was but with attendance as it is something has to give.

How many years did it go when the current BOD was just members and nothing, not a thing happened up in the north besides a M&G that a non-BOD member started?

Lastly, I will repeat myself: Take the location out of it. We are not raping and stripping NACFest on purpose. Look at it as 2 events, no location. Wouldn't you want the one that is bringing in new members, has lots of people, a good place to camp without BS, etc, etc to be the one that is the main show?

I will address these two points...
1. For many years I was told that there was no good spots to wheel up north. Obviously that has changed. And the non BOD members that were doing things up north for the NAC most times were directly solicited by me, asking them if they can set something up in that region for something for the members to do up there. Heck, that was the whole basis behind Rocktoberfest. Unsanctioned "gatherings" of some sort, COMPLETELY paid for by the NAC in both regions so that ALL of our members have something fun with no event fees. Basically, we were trying to give back to the membership. At that time we had the funds to do it. It made no sense to us to have money in the bank account at the end of the year, when we could give back to the membership. We tried to do some things to keep the membership engaged up north. And guess what? It worked!!!!

2. What has the NAC BOD done in the past 4 years to help bolster the membership in the south? What I have heard numerous times is "If people don't want to come out, then FORGET THEM!" That attitude is why the NAC is where it is today. There are lots of potential members down here, but there has been nothing done at all to DRAW them out.

Andy you read the BOD forum you know there is no way we could make RocktoberFest free for members. Also it was never free really if you count that people had to pay to wheel and camp which is the same as now so that card isn't really true. There isn't any event fee at all if that was what was 'free'. We don't try make any money on anything and the little money that was leftover on NACFest and RocktoberFest in years past went to help offset some of the costs (as well as some aid from the Nat. BOD) and to give back to local land that supports us. We also raised a ton of money last fall and it was all people that came to RocktoberFest that helped. I think you guys are hurt because we have people that are dropping off and new guys coming on in a different area. I get that, I would feel the same way if roles were reversed but you can't attack the BOD. Times are changing. We all tried numerous times to get in touch with people to setup events done in your area and nobody wants to do anything. I'm not about to throw anyone under the bus but you know who was supposed to get some things going down south we tried that and other channels, empty promises. None of us up here can simply drive 7+ hours for a BBQ.
We did this to keep things alive this year and if we didn't have to change the date early on I would be coming down to NACFest.

Look this thread is obviously not going anywhere and is detracting from whatever is left of NACFest. Let the people that are able to make it this year have a good time and if anyone wants to continue this I would be happy to do it back channel or chat on the phone anytime. I am sure the rest of the BOD feels the same. I'm only the treasurer now anyway.

For those of you that think we are not trying, we are neglecting, or are just gathering stuff for the new RocktoberFest; well you are mistaken and I hope you can see that when you come up to RocktoberFest. I am more than happy to pass over the reigns if someone wants to step up.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back