• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Montana

Aaron21

NAXJA Forum User
Hi I am wondering if there are any people in here from Montana. I live in Missoula, Mt but originally from Shoreline, Wa. Just wondering where people go wheelin in Montana.

Thanks

some girl i used to work with lived in Montana. she moved back there and loves it. I guess there is some nice wheeling spots but not sure where she was from.

A few pics from my last Montana trip. The place is just epic....

914.jpg

136.jpg

137.jpg

912.jpg

We were near White Deer or Deer Lodge or Deer Lick or some damn place. I just know there was a deer involved, will advise.

-----Matt-----

ok dude, I grew up in Montana and learned how to wheel there. One of the best places that me and my buddies always went to and still do when I go home to visit is a little place called the Benbow Jeep trail. It is about a 25 mile long trail that is pretty challenging and there is a bunch of old mining equipment there. There are trails all over the place and even campgrounds. It is a very popular place for families to go ride four wheelers and such. Why did you have to bring up Montana, now I am home sick.

Wyoming born, Monatana Bred and when I die Montana dead.

Sorry forgot to tell you that it is near the stillwater mine outside of Lewistown, pretty close to where you are. I would also reccomend that you go to a sporting goods store that sells fishing stuff, they usually have good topo maps for like 5 bucks, pick one up pack your ruck and let the adventure begin. You would't believe how much fun it is to try navigating through the unknow mountains of Montana with only a topo and a compass. Just be sure to bring some extras incase you get weathered in. One more really fun place is the prior mountains near Bridger, make sure you pack a gun up there though don't want to surprise any bears without some way to stop em.

Hi I am wondering if there are any people in here from Montana. I live in Missoula, Mt but originally from Shoreline, Wa. Just wondering where people go wheelin in Montana.

Thanks

Check out http://www.montanabackroads.org/ ( a great little club right there in Missoula ) and email Willie. That man is a wealth of knowledge and can give you a list of trails that would take you years to run. If you make it over the divide to Helena, let me know and I'll be glad to show you a bunch of good ones too.

Back