• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Synergy / Poly Performance Long Arms w/ Frame Stiffeners

notamos

NAXJA Forum User
I'd like to go long arm up front & like the design of the Synergy 4-link mounts (and their arms). But, I'm having trouble pulling the trigger because I don't believe their mounts will work with frame stiffeners. Their mounts are u-shaped and will box in 3 sides of the frame. SO, any added thickness to the frame will prevent the mounts from sliding over it.

Thoughts on this? Anyone running these mounts w/ stiffeners? What have you done to make it work? I thought about cutting a section of the stiffener out but that seems like it is defeating the purpose of the stiffener.

Sidewaysstarion has these. I believe they installed the brackets, cut down the stiffeners and sandwiched then to the brackets. I see no I'll effects in doing so.

They are a very tight fit by themselves. I would mount the Poly brackets then mount the cut down stiffeners.

So, you're saying to just cut a section out of the stiffener and weld the ends to the synergy brackets?

Simple answer, Yes.
Place the link mounts where you want them. Cut the stiffeners to "sandwich" the mounts, and weld away.

I have them and love them. We bolted then welded the brackets on. I would cut the stiffners to meet up to the Synergy brackets then plate over the two and tie em together.

I have them and love them. We bolted then welded the brackets on. I would cut the stiffners to meet up to the Synergy brackets then plate over the two and tie em together.

This is what I was going to do, but never got around to installing the stiffeners. The PP longarms and brackets work amazingly.

Anyone want to post up some pics to help push me over the edge? I'm having a tough time looking @ Synergy, Full Traction or Claytons. Heck, I've considered just installing the drop brackets I have (RE) and being done w/ it. But, I can't seem to ever "be done". LOL.

ETA: I realize Synergy and FT are 4-link where as Clayton is a radius arm setup. Just thinking...

Last edited:
75ACEF1A-31D6-4600-ADDC-D982D05594E7-18365-00001371144869C9_zpsee36211b.jpg

DEADF99D-BE9B-49C3-BB98-22A83DBBE623.jpg

Cracker did most of the work on my suspension, he burned the synergy mounts to the frame then cut and welded on half of the main ruff stuff stiffeners behind the synergy mounts. I'm running straight control arms setup in a 3-link configuration and it works extremely well one and off-road.

Since you wanted pictures...
6D9081AF-3C96-448B-A034-869DC4AFD945.jpg

F9F34643-C8A7-47A0-8699-06CE0417027E.jpg

421E0C32-9965-459C-B798-A93B8BD2E60F.jpg

9A54364D-547F-4DF1-95CF-839D6A52A4A7.jpg

46A02161-575C-4FAF-9392-0D03C96D0E8C.jpg

EE2383BB-0254-48E7-B98B-3CEA1395E4EF.jpg

0CC31D7B-168A-4C06-807A-299B05DECE3E.jpg

It sounds like you already have frame stiffeners installed?

I have the Clayton LA kit installed up front on my XJ, but I have ruffstuff stiffeners in my garage waiting to be welded in. I don't know much about the Synergy/Poly Performance kits, but I LOVE my Clayton kit.

Either way, what you are looking to have done would be easy for any experienced welder. Heck, it wouldn't even take a day to do.

If you figure out what you want and it requires welding let me know. I know you're pretty far away from Aurora, but bring it on down to my garage and I can burn it in for you no problemo.

Scott

LOL. Thanks for the offer Scott. I may take you up on it. I have a brand new (as in, sitting in the box!) Miller 211 sitting in my garage but I've never welded before... I'm gathering the gear required to start learning. Geez...

The Clayton kit would fit easy w/ the stiffeners. Since it doesn't rely on 'u-shaped' brackets on both sides of the frame rail. I'm up in the air, who knows what kit I'll go w/.

Back