• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Track bar replacement - Stock height -

SeanSS

NAXJA Forum User
Am needing to replace my track bar and bracket

Jeep is stock, No suspension mods of any kind.

1999 Classic

Which track bar do you guys recommend for a stock height jeep?

I havent found much aftermarket stuff for stock ride height stuff.

Looks like core 4x4 has a nice setup, expensive.

I found a moog track bar but cant find a OEM type track bar replacement

bracket. I only quickly looked on google and rock auto.

Thanks for the help

https://www.core4x4.com/product/double-sheer-adjustable-front-track-bar-w-bracket-3/

What's wrong with the Moog TB ? A junkyard TB bracket will be inexpensive. Some people do say that the Moog DS1235 TB is a tiny bit too long for a stock XJ, IDK for sure, but it should work.

Rusty's 4x4 makes an adjustable 0-2" lift track bar and Rough Country makes a 0-3.5" lift track bar.

Last edited:
At a guess, I'm thinking the hole where the bar connects to the bracket is wallowed out - not an uncommon occurrence with lifted rigs, but I guess given how old the XJs are now even the stock ones are probably starting to see this sort of thing happening.

With zero lift you need to make sure "not" to get one with dropped bracket. Double shear is ok but don't want change the angles so you don't create bumpsteer.

I used Rusty's RC-TB111-UV. It seem strong and larger than stock. It's good for stock up to 2 inch lift.

You can change the tie rod end if it goes bad.

Unsure if the stock bracket is any good or not, i would much rather just replace it. That is the end where there is slop, i havent taken it aparr yet.

Typically the axle end bolt hole is the one subject to wear. The frame side tapered hole is not unless there are some serious issues present . If the frame bracket is not excessively rusty, or damaged in some way, it can be re-used with no issues.

The play is usually in the tie rod itself and not the bracket.

My bracket had some cracks and I had it welded and reinforced. A new bracket was very expensive. Unless the round hole has worn oval you shouldn't need to replace.

Alrighty, was just simply looking for an OEM bracket and a good track bar for stock height.

This isnt my first jeep, im simply wanting to replace 2 components.

Worn out or not. Im wanting to replace them.

Not sure what the issue is with receiving suggestions on where to find an OEM replacement track bar bracket.

Guess i'll have to seek help else where on where to find an OEM bracket.

Thanks for the help

I am not sure where you can get a replacement other than a junk yard or the dealer. Normally the bracket is not replaced when replacing the track bar. As long as it's not cracked, or bent, or rusted out, the tapered joint is usually fine for the life of the vehicle.

I had that a year or two back when my OEM bracket got wallowed out. I ended up going with an IRO double-shear bracket/bar (but that wouldn't work for a stock-height rig) because I couldn't find a source for a new OEM bracket either. Of course, I was ready to upgrade to double-shear anyway...

Send it back! Buy a good one.

Back