• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

shackles and the ride

Ramsey

NAXJA Forum User
i just added shackles to my lift and the ride is quite a bit harsher. is there something to do to fix this, did i torque them down to much or position them wrong. thanks in advance

Have you changed the length of your shocks. Higher lift = longer shocks.

I agree with Hondastomper, check to see if they're hitting the bumper bolts. You also might loosen them up just slightly. If your new shackles have poly bushings instead of rubber, that will contribute also, but not very much.

i remember the bumper bolts being a problem when putting them on, what should i do if that is the problem?

On mine the bolt was too long anyway so I just cut it off a couple of mm behind the nut. Used a std. grinder..
But mine made a big squiky sound when it moved because of the bolt diggin into the shackles..
My XJ is a `99.. Don`t know if this is the case on the older model..

When my shackles hit my bumper bolts, it didn't make any noise at all, but it caused the ride to be really, really bouncy. Took me a long time to figure out what it was.

Back