• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

so now that winter is winding down, there are a lot of heaters for sale on craigslist...i want to get something for the garage just for when i'm working in there in the winter. would it be completely dumb to put a wood burner in there with a blower? or would i be better off with a torpedo? the garage isn't insulated and by the time i put a chimney in, id be out more than i would if i just got a torpedo. there is an old ashley firebox heater with a blower for sale (the only reason i'm asking) and i've been in a few houses around here that have them and they put out a ton of heat, but it seems like a lot of work just to take the edge off. its a 24x 24 garage and i don't spend a ton of time in there...

I am in my own sovereign union on the farm, I am the president, the court system, and the local gigolo.

That is how I feel. Our political system is completely ****ed and the shits I give about it are decreasing faster than a Jameson bottle next to the other SeanR.
As long as I am left alone and the BS stays away from Wheeler Road, things will be fine.

did you happen to catch the 17 AG's that are threatening civil suit if you do not accept the lefts view of "global warming" or "climate change" or whatever the hell they call it now.

careful...we might be arrested for this conversation. and they're calling trump a fascist....

they've been talking about that for a while.
mostly aimed at oil/gas companies that have a contrary view.
Threatened to sue them for paying for opposing scientists to do research and obfuscate the "settled science" of anthropomorphic climate change

while I do not believe that Trump is a fascist, he is certainly inspiring some very nationalistic feelings, and I don't like it.
that and I think he's a jackass.

gary johnson 2016

all 200 years of it....

lol, more like all 30 years of it.

Remember, at the turn of the 19th century they were heralding the coming ice age and pointing to the last 200 years of famine and terrible growing seasons in europe as proof.

blah blah... Garage furnace

I did a house furnace, forced hot air natural gas, I love it. I can turn it off because it is an 80% eff. Without the water drain.

I used a open flame propane heater and I could only stand it for a little while in the garage.

I put a 90%+ in my garage. It has its own 330 gal propane tank, drains into a bucket.

Awesome heat, quiet and odor free.

I also have 1 1/2' of blown in insulation in the ceiling and 9" in the walls. After the winter, my tank is still at 35%

It never got below 45* this winter.

so now that winter is winding down, there are a lot of heaters for sale on craigslist...i want to get something for the garage just for when i'm working in there in the winter. would it be completely dumb to put a wood burner in there with a blower? or would i be better off with a torpedo? the garage isn't insulated and by the time i put a chimney in, id be out more than i would if i just got a torpedo. there is an old ashley firebox heater with a blower for sale (the only reason i'm asking) and i've been in a few houses around here that have them and they put out a ton of heat, but it seems like a lot of work just to take the edge off. its a 24x 24 garage and i don't spend a ton of time in there...

I bought a kerosene torpedo heater for cheap at the beginning of this winter and it heats my 30x40 uninsulated garage with open trusses good enough I can be out there in a sweatshirt. It's noisy, but gets the job done.

I stuff rabbits in my coveralls......it warms you up and feels good too.

Cheese "It puts the lotion on" Man

Back