• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Power locks and head unit wont work

oo7ravisXJ

NAXJA Forum User
After reconnecting all four wiring harnesses on both the driver and passenger doors and putting the door pannels back on (after replacing speakers) the power lock will not work on both sides, but the power unlock will work on both sides. I cant figure it out, i took the driver side door pannel off to check that the connections were tight and they they are. Every thing else on the doors is working like it used to except the locks. Did i blow a fuse or something? Any ideas?

Also my stock head unit will not work any more. I took it out to see if installing my new head unit would just be a simple install but the connections did not match up so i just put the old head unit back in. The old head unit will not work as well. When i turn the key back to accessory (or forward to turn on the car) i can see the lights on the bass midd and treble buttons go on for a split second but then turn off. Any have any ideas on what might be wrong with my head unit?

By the way I have a 97, and thanks for reading and posting any information on what might be wrong. -Travis

GRRREEEEAAAATT, i just turned on my car to see if that did any thing and come to find out none of my gauges work!!! What the hell is going on!!! I think this may be a job for the dealer, but i hope not.

Also just another minor side note, none of my interior lights will work

Never mind, i figured it out. the privous owner must have put a 10 amp fuse where a 15 amp fuse should have been, every thing works as i should now. The new fuse even fixed my power windows

Back