• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Truck-Lite LED aiming?

N8N_99xj

NAXJA Forum User
I don't have an aiming machine so I'm doing this eyeballically. Also, when I got my Heep not only were the headlight sockets badly corroded but the buckets weren't even close to straight, I looked all crosseyed driving down the road. Now that I'm driving home from work in the dark every day and probably to work in the dark real soon, it's time to get these dialed in - up until now they've been aimed way too low.

There are really pronounced bright spots on low beam, I'm assuming I should ignore those and concentrate on the horizontal cutoff? The pattern seems really odd, like those bright spots would cause glare in the mirrors of the car in front of me.

Parked it about 30 feet from a nice wall on level ground, aim the headlights so the cutoff is just a couple inches lower than the headlight. I usually measure mine at say 30" from the ground to the bottom of the light, and set the cutoff for about 28".

Obviously this method will work on any vehicle if the ground is flat and level, your numbers will vary based on lift and tire size of course.

A simple Google image search brings up headlight aim diagrams with instructions and measurements, including the one from your Jeep Service Manual.

standard.jpg

Last edited:
Yes. All the above posts + they should be aimed when the high beam is on. The low beam should fall correctly after they are aimed correctly if,.. and a big IF the bulbs/sealed beams are of a good quality.

One of the bulbs in my round eyes headlamp went out. I replaced it with a discount store offering and had a terrible light scatter especially on low beam. I was never happy it.

Back