• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Proud Dad Time

Anak

Stranger
NAXJA Member
For those of you who have met Varmint #1, here is a brief update on him:

He will be graduating from high school this May with his AA degree on top of his HS diploma (taking classes for dual credit is one of the many great things here).

He has been accepted to the University of Idaho, Moscow, in their honors program.

Today he received notice that he is a National Merit Scholarship finalist and consequently will be getting a full ride scholarship for college (tuition, room, board and books).

IOW,*he*is*doing*well.

And The Bride and myself are very proud of him.

Good job Dad!

So...no college costs means a new Jeep?

Funny you should say that: Found a '92 XJ listed on C/L for $400 last night. Needs a T-case, but looks straight. Varmint contacted the seller but they probably already have it sold.

Honestly, he is probably best off without a vehicle for now. No place to park it. It would just be another expense and a hassle to take care of. But if I come across the right deal...

Congrats! We need some intelligent people to help make the world go 'round proper.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Another proud Dad moment: Varmint #1 found out today that he is responsible for speaking at his graduation.

Another proud Dad moment: Varmint #1 found out today that he is responsible for speaking at his graduation.

That's great. Both that he is, and that he can. Most people fear speaking to a group on par with dying.

I gave the speech one year at the Honors Convocation when I was in collage. 500+ in the crowd. That is a lot of naked people!

Well, he has never before spoken to a group of this size. We will see how he does.

He has a tendency to speak his mind (no idea where he would have gotten that), so I think he will be okay.

Back