• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Good 4.0 cam

I went with a CompCam 268 for the stroker I am building. I ordered through Bishop-Buell Racing. Russ is a Guru on strokers and the 4.0L. Also, springs become a factor with a cam. I remember $150 for the regular cam and $300 for the nitride. Basically, what you are saying you want is what I want out of my stroker. Good low to midrange for a DD and possibly towing.

Here's another option for you to consider for a 4.0 XJ cam. The original cam, in my 88XJ, have dimensionally wider lobes than the narrow lobes on the newer cams. Jeep engineers designed the wider cam lobes for a reason. Likewise, there have been many threads showing the lobe thickness variations between the older and newer cams. I wanted to use the wider cam I had, so I talked to Comp Cams about regrinding my original cam. I sent them my cam for inspection and then we talked about what "grinds" could be done to my cam to get the torque vs. RPM where I wanted it to be. It worked out perfectly.

Best regards,

CJR

Stock cam is pretty good as is. Wouldn't change cam profile unless you had some reason to.

It's not like any other engine where a mild stage 1 cam really wakes up the engine. Stock is good for 95% of engines out there.

Unless you're running higher compression or some other odd setup, stay stock.

Cam Research will custom grind a cam as well

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Back