• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

axle and lift swap, any one want to help?

Mr.OverKill

NAXJA Forum User
who's: mine
what: D44( rear ), leafs, D30, coils, front brakes, minor fab and modification of front componants, ect....
when: august 5th and 6th
where: my garage ( pm for directions if needed )
why: mo betta, mo gooder parts
why the help: building friendships and jeeps = good times

payment will be in food, beer ( sodas ) and laughs ( i hope :D )

post up if you want to help.

Jump This said:
Where do you live?
El Cabong?
I might be able to help....I'll be in Santee for two weeks starting
Aug. 4th....
Rick R
why yes, yes i do. you would be a welcome wrencher, i will pm the addy and cell #

i am used to wrenching at the river ( paloverde ) this time of year on boats and skis, not on the jeep but i want to be ready for the september and october runs, after the river season is over

ok, i need a head count so i know what beer and sodas, how much pizza or carni asada, margarita mix ect... to buy and what day for each, please pipe in.

thanks

Hey Troy,
I am trying to make it, when??? I'll call you later in the week once I can come up with a plan.

Ken

itsHud said:
Hey Troy,
I am trying to make it, when??? I'll call you later in the week once I can come up with a plan.

Ken
i plan to be in the garage with at least a cup of coffie right at 7AM both saturday and sunday so as you kind and helpfull ( i hope ) people arive i will be there.

Rick, did i pm you the addy yet?

Hey, if you need another hand...or just someone else to drink your beer and margaritas...I'm always down for bloody knuckles. Just say where and I'll bring my big hammer =)

EDIT: Oh, and I'm free all weekend I think...and I'm an early riser, so let me know and I'll bring the coffee and Krispy Kremes

Last edited:
krispy kremes would be kewl..... i hope the pre fab i am doing this week will eliminate the need for BFH's but what the heck, bring it :laugh3:

I would go, but my best friend just came back from Iraq on Tuesday after a year. He has been at his parents house in Ridgecrest since then and he has an itch to go wheeling. He has a 2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II, rear locked, lifted, running 33's. I will be at superstition all weekend in the what im sure will be 100+ degree weather. 100+ temp is nothing to him after being in Iraq.

i need to ask if some one would please bring a camara ( preferably a digi cam ) ?? please, please, please?? all i have is the cell phone.:photo: :photo: :photo:

steagall9301 said:
i need to ask if some one would please bring a camara ( preferably a digi cam ) ?? please, please, please?? all i have is the cell phone.:photo: :photo: :photo:

Troy I can bring mine. But unfortunaely it looks like I gotta put in a few hours at work tomorrow. Starting at 6 so hoping to be done by 10. But after work I'll be heading over to help.

Jeepsterboy101 said:
Troy I can bring mine. But unfortunaely it looks like I gotta put in a few hours at work tomorrow. Starting at 6 so hoping to be done by 10. But after work I'll be heading over to help.
thats ok, i will be starting by jacking the jeep, putting it on stands and removing the tires all the way around. depending on when people show up is when the tear down will go full force.

If you want, I can pick up a disposable camera. I don't have one myself, but I was planning on getting there perty early if you're still planning on being in the garage by 7-7:30. After the Krispy Kreme stop, I should probably be looking for your house in the neighborhood of 7:30-7:45.

I'll check the board again in the morning before I head out.

Mike

SanDiegoXJ said:
If you want, I can pick up a disposable camera. I don't have one myself, but I was planning on getting there perty early if you're still planning on being in the garage by 7-7:30. After the Krispy Kreme stop, I should probably be looking for your house in the neighborhood of 7:30-7:45.

I'll check the board again in the morning before I head out.

Mike
i appriciate the offer of the camera but i think i can borrow my step daughters if i need to. i am up at 7 and getting the ice, soda and beer at 7:30 back to the house by 8 am and jacking the jeep by 8:15!!

once the rearend is swaped out i am going to ask the crew that does the rearend to take the rear bumper and hitch off so i can trim/ fold the rear quarters, plate the frame, beef the shackle mount and fab up the rear bumper.

i gotta work the steel...................its an obsession!! :firedevil

Troy,
It looks like you got quite a bit done this weekend. Did you have a chance to do a couple hot laps around the neiborhood? Let me know if the puller worked out.
Ken

itsHud said:
Troy,
It looks like you got quite a bit done this weekend. Did you have a chance to do a couple hot laps around the neiborhood? Let me know if the puller worked out.
Ken
puller in conjunction with the oxy accy torch worked perfect, thank you. special thanks to all who showed, weather for wrenching support, tool support or just plane company! the list was short but truly exclusive, thanks to Jumpthis, SanDiegoXJ ( worked his A$$ off!! ) itsHud, MarkXJbeef, jeepsterboy101 and several who arent on NAXJA but should be!! again Thank you!

no, i didnt get the steering done yet, i need to do the alignment and i still need to bleed the brakes and add fluid to the axles.

what did get done is:
leafs were swaped
coils were swaped
D44 was installed
brakes in rear were installed
D30 was installed
front brakes were installed
removed the rear bumper and hitch
shortened the rear drive shaft and rewelded it

that was saturday with jumpthis, sandiegoxj and myself

sundays list:
swaped out the power steering unit
installed new U-joints
installed shortened drive shaft
installed the power steering cooler and bled the system
began fabing up the rear bumper

sunday was a lot more relaxed with myself, markxjbeef and the others socializing and having some good conversations and a few laughs

next to do will be the alignment and bleed the breaks, after the front is done i am doing the 1 ton chevy steering mod and i will rest ( wheel ) for a little while! :laugh3:

thanks again to those who showed and to those who didnt.......................... your loss.:laugh3:

Back