• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Needing some help

It wont let me post in the picture thread area so i will just do it here... Lol And yes yall can make fun of me.. Everything started back up just fine and she is airing out today with the doors open its sunny and warm so wont be to bad..

This is what happens when someone bets you that you cant go where they have been lol And he was right... His samurai beet me this time ...

I Made the mistake of letting it die

STUCK.jpg

hey i haven't been able to get my camera back from my buddy yet but i should in the next day or so and i'll get you some pics

Thanks man and no rush i will still be here lol...

Fixed the rear seal this weekend... I am going to need to rebuilt my D30 or get another rear end though...

Thoughts on that? Buy a used one or just rebuilt the one i have?

I was thinking it would be cheaper and easier if i just find a new one But want to know what you guys think...

Also got the Breather tubes ran up on the fire wall for the rear end up front and one ran inside the back of the jeep for the back..

Went under the hood and un pluged everything and sorted out all the wires got everything wrapped and wired up and a few things grounded that had not been.. Does not look like a rat lived under there anymore :laugh3:

On to the bad.... Tried to used my winch for the first time and the gears are shattered in it..b:twak: PO Failed to tell me this.. But o well

what are you plans for the jeep? are you gonna go bigger then 33's? then 35's? if i was gonna go bigger then 35's then i'd start looking for a 44 or 60 front and 60 or bigger rear but if your gonna stay with 33's then you can run the 30 front and either regear the rear or get a stronger rear then regear it. since it's a 44 already it's plenty strong for 33's

I Like the 33''s... But i have a free set of 36'' being offered to me and may like them..

But if running 36'' tires means changing out my D44 and changing out the d35.. Then i dont really want to do that... lol

I am just getting in to 4x4's.. (Like i said had to quit racing/riding dirtbikes... And before i drop alot of money or work in to something i want to give it a year or so to make sure this is what i want to be doing... After that this Cherokee is gone anyways and i will be upgrading do something in better shape.. This jeep is a POS to be honest lol the grill is zip tied on the muffler is hanging off the winch clutch is out... I Am slowly working on fixing everything but i dont plan to go all out with this one...

So i guess I will be sticking with 33''s if it will save me from doing all that work with the rear end...

I also plan on lowering it a little if i can.. i dont like the 5.5'' of lift i want it around 4-4.5.. (I dont know how all that works and right now i am not worried about it i want it running right and everything ready to drive before i worry about any of that stuff...

And with 33''s You think i need to re gear the rear ends? ( I know nothing about this sorry for the ignorance)

But if i re gear the front i will also have to do the back correct? The stock gearing on a auto in 95 if i remember is 3.55 And it needs to be lower?

Bare with me i am trying to learn lol

Shit... Lol yeah i will be waiting to do that for awhile i think.. Don't have the money right now.. And i am pretty sure all my diff. needs is new bearings..

And i have my step dad for free labor lol

I will look in to it i will worry more about the gearing later though i am more worried about getting its stance how i want it and little kinks worked out first anyways...

:dunno:

Is your vehicle equipped with ABS? Maybe it failed and someone didn't want to deal with it.

Huh that was the answer i came up with too... lol guess i am going to see what does not work tonight... Started checking out my draw problem and opend up the box and there was just a wire shufed in where the fuse should be... lol

I Think it did have ABS But i am guessing when they swaped out the rear end for the D44.. they just did not worry about it anymore.. And i dont really see a point in having it anyways.. seems like it would suck going down wet stuff...

Huh that was the answer i came up with too... lol guess i am going to see what does not work tonight... Started checking out my draw problem and opend up the box and there was just a wire shufed in where the fuse should be... lol

I Think it did have ABS But i am guessing when they swaped out the rear end for the D44.. they just did not worry about it anymore.. And i dont really see a point in having it anyways.. seems like it would suck going down wet stuff...
I would pull all the ABS stuff out.

IOD is Ignition Off Draw. Radio memory, dome lights (maybe?), a few other things.

Since you have a 92+, you can just pull all the fuses/relays associated with the ABS system and forget it's installed. That's what I would do.

IOD is Ignition Off Draw. Radio memory, dome lights (maybe?), a few other things.

Since you have a 92+, you can just pull all the fuses/relays associated with the ABS system and forget it's installed. That's what I would do.

Yup figured out the What the IOD Was last night... Did not mess with it much though... The weather was really crappy and i was tired i have been working on the damn thing from 6 to 11 every night all this week lol Trying to get ready for a trip that got canceled yesterday...

So don't worry about removing everything just get it disconnected?

Thanks for the help kastein :wave1:

Back