• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My wife has been bitten by the "Jeep bug"

xjtrailrider

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
I posted up just before the crash that the wife wanted a JK and that we had ordered one. We got it yesterday and love it.

Here are the specs;
08' Sahara, black w/dark khaki dual tops
Auto
D-44 w/TrakLok and 3.73 ratios
Soft and hard tops
MyGig navigation/mp3/dvd
Power group, doors/windows
Remote start
Tow hooks
Auxillary lights
Dealer added tranny cooler

Pics;
newjeep1zi0.jpg

newjeep2ti8.jpg

newjeep3xk6.jpg

newjeep4yo7.jpg

newjeep5cq0.jpg

newjeep6az6.jpg

sweet.

it just turns into another project.
I've been working on my wife's for 2 weeks and not my own.

98XJLimitedNateWV said:
see the problem is she won't wheel with it...its too nice lol
No it will never go off road, she is a RN and will need it more for the winter commute than anything and of course for the top off summer driving.

It needs real bumpers with big honken shakle tabs for the idiots and I would suggest removing the spare in bad weather so that anyone who does rear end it won't smack in the tailgate... I just got the wife a ZJ yesterday and already some idiot teen ran a stop, guess the abs still works,she said it stopped straight. I forsee an ARB or custom4x4

Nice Jeep. It's alot better than some of the alternatives.

===

So you couldn't get her to pose for some of the pics? :D

RTicUL8 said:
Nice Jeep. It's alot better than some of the alternatives.

===

Nope, she is extremely camera shy. And yes at least the Wrangler still has solid axles. These things ride increadable, much better than the TJ's we have driven.

RTicUL8 said:
Good god man, I'm going to start calling you Zac:D. Are we in the Den?

Get her to dress up like a cheerleader, you wear coveralls, get her to drive around the block and then pull into the garage where you're waiting and play "A Visit to the Mechanic"...

:D

Beej said:
Get her to dress up like a cheerleader, you wear coveralls, get her to drive around the block and then pull into the garage where you're waiting and play "A Visit to the Mechanic"...

:D

Funny thing is she was a high school cheerleader, I guess thats why she loves Wranglers and hates my old redneck XJ's! LOL!

Mine just puts up with the XJ. You might have the right :idea:
She may go for a JK.

One thing that will catch your wife is the stock ride. Alot better then previous years tj ride. Even the JK 2 door drives the freeway real nice

Have you drove a dodge caravan?????

Starboard M said:
So how is the power in the new 6? Likes, dislikes after having it for almost a month?
Its really not bad, ours is geared 3.73 which helps. Its not the torque monster that the 4.0 is though.

We just took it on a 500 mile round trip and it did better than the advertised mileage, we got 20 mpg averaging 75mph on the highway. I do not like the way it holds OD untill it drops 7 mph(on steep grade) and then kicks back to 2nd gear to pull back up(with CC on). Its a jolt when the rpm hits 5k at 75 on the highway! It would be nice if it would drop back to 3rd lock-up. The OD on/off switch is a little to far away to reach for on a regular basis, they should have put the switch up on the dash.

The ride is excellent and other than the usual twitchyness of a SWB it handles very good. We are loving the Sirrius Sat radio and the MyGiG Nav is well worth the extra coin.

Ours has the dual top option and I had to pull off the hard top to remove the soft top from underneath it(for shipping purposes), they do not warranty the soft top if you leave it under the hard top for extended lengths of time. The 3 piece hard top was easy to remove and the rear section wieghs less than 125#'s. It was easy for my wife and I to pull off in less than 15min!

We have used 4wd but have not wheeled it....yet! I'm working on that. I have found some easier trails for her to try locally.

Overall we are absolutly impressed with the JK.

Last edited:
Looks good!

Dont expect but maybe a couple of years out of those tires. I put a set of those very same Dueler A/T's on my XJ shortly after I bought it, and they were great for about the first year. They wore out really fast, and performance really started to diminish after the first year. I make it a point to rotate and balance my tires atleast every 6k, most times sooner than that, and I keep the Jeep pretty well in alignment as well. Theres another member on here who ran a set on his XJ and noticed the same things I did with them.

When you go to replace them, I highly recommend the Dueler A/T Revo, or the BFG's of course. I'm runnin the Revo's on the KJ and have nothing but good to say about them. On my XJ i've now got the BFG's and they havent let me down yet.

Since you say she's a RN and doesn't do any wheelin, I'd probably go with the Revo's over the BFG's....not as stiff as the BFG's are.

99XJSPORT06 said:
Looks good!

Dont expect but maybe a couple of years out of those tires. I put a set of those very same Dueler A/T's on my XJ shortly after I bought it, and they were great for about the first year. They wore out really fast, and performance really started to diminish after the first year. I make it a point to rotate and balance my tires atleast every 6k, most times sooner than that, and I keep the Jeep pretty well in alignment as well. Theres another member on here who ran a set on his XJ and noticed the same things I did with them.

When you go to replace them, I highly recommend the Dueler A/T Revo, or the BFG's of course. I'm runnin the Revo's on the KJ and have nothing but good to say about them. On my XJ i've now got the BFG's and they havent let me down yet.

Since you say she's a RN and doesn't do any wheelin, I'd probably go with the Revo's over the BFG's....not as stiff as the BFG's are.

Yep, we are dreading the whole tire issue when it comes up, those puppies no matter what brand are gonna cost. I'm considering going down to a 16" wheel from the 18" now if it will fit over the brakes and then go with 32's or 33's with a little bit more BS. I'll cross that bridge later, she is good about caring for her car's and will keep them balanced and rotated reg.

xjtrailrider said:
Yep, we are dreading the whole tire issue when it comes up, those puppies no matter what brand are gonna cost. I'm considering going down to a 16" wheel from the 18" now if it will fit over the brakes and then go with 32's or 33's with a little bit more BS. I'll cross that bridge later, she is good about caring for her car's and will keep them balanced and rotated reg.

Oh yeah thats right, I forgot those are 18's......YIKES!

One thing I do like about the JK's...one of the (if not THE) last new Jeeps that still has NON electronic 4x4.

99XJSPORT06 said:
Oh yeah thats right, I forgot those are 18's......YIKES!

One thing I do like about the JK's...one of the (if not THE) last new Jeeps that still has NON electronic 4x4.

Yep you still get to pull the lever. And it may well be the last Jeep to ever get front/rear solid axles. I'll give jeep credit where credit is due, they kept to thier roots even if it has more "Fluff" than a Jeep should have.

At least Mercedes doesn't own Chrysler anymore that gives Jeep a fighting chance

Back