• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

wanted to show off my hard work

Funny you ask because I just brought this bad boy in from my front porch! It's a die for my cage, been waiting for weeks! I have so much fab work planned that it is really kinda scary, if I listed it I may get flamed so we will just see...
I have to fab this into place, it's just mocked up and I'm doing the belly pan soon, making a temporary truss for the front axel with some small mods because I may get stuck running it for this year while I get my axles ready. I'm thinking some chromoly shafts, truss and welding the diff.... not sure. Bet I can resell the shafts for half price. I need to lock it somehow w/of busting it every trip

Kinda late for the mad eyes, thanks for the idea though. I thought about doing the lights diagonal but they wouldn't fit. My neihbor just gave me this light bar lol. freeze motha***, hehe. Probably won't use it but it's funny

Finally got done moving... moving sucks! New house is really badass. Smaller garage till I build a shop. I built a 8 xoxo 12 storage shed with 3 rows of shelf and it fit all my clutter! Everyone should have a clutter shed!!! Made my garage huge.

I did the front driveline convertionwith a hack and tap kit. I broke 2 driveline coupler thingies before I caught onto this trick.

hacked and tapped!

probably going to take a year or more to get my rock wells ready so I caved and started buying parts for dana. Looky, new chrome moly shafts and wheel bearings. I need position to keep up with the guys I wheel with and planning on Lincoln locking the front to get me by. You guys think it will work for a bit?

New 4.5 lift iron rock off road leaf springs, bent my old saggy ones, probably bend these too cause I'm so dam heavy

started on skid plate 2 of 3!!! I can't wait to slither across the rocks like a snake!!! Good to be working on the Jeep again!!!!

Dude, funny you asked because I'm sitting here thinking about running my air intake through the 2 bars on the sides of my front window and the one in the middle, then they could all converge to an air box above the front window with a filter.:guitar: in the back I want to do cj style roll bars, the rest is pretty straight forward, rear bumper and boats ides are made to accept bars into the top of them and the front doesn't need anything. I might do a front and rear hoop. I really need a rear hoop to protect My fans so I can't back into them... I have 2 24in. light bars that go between the front window bars too.... wanted to build a visor... a lot of ideas, not enough time

Does anyone have any ideas on locking the front end? I think the chromo shafts are strong enough, but I'm soooo heavy, with my bead locks it gets unbelievable traction. I'm imagining it all binded up when welded. I'm thinking about gusset in the axel to hold tube in place so it can't sheer off the ring gear. Then I'm thinking about a Detroit so, maybe it has a chance to unload... then I was looking at the true Trac lsd. Any input would be greatly appreciated

Definitely run a full case locker in the front. Stock carriers tend to break under heavy load. I ended up with a Detroit after splitting a stock carrier with 35s and heavy diy beadlocks. After the swap the axle held up great.

Definitely run a full case locker in the front. Stock carriers tend to break under heavy load. I ended up with a Detroit after splitting a stock carrier with 35s and heavy diy beadlocks. After the swap the axle held up great.

Thanks i cant wait to hit some rocks with it!! Sweet, thanks for the input, so the Detroit uses the stock ring gear and that is ok? You still have it right? Did you do any gusseting????

If you plan on wheeling stock gears I wouldn't waste the money having 3:55s setup on a full case locker. With the stock gears you won't have that much torque and can get away with a lunch box locker. I no longer have that axle. That build was 6 XJs ago. Axle was trussed with a t&t truss.

If you plan on wheeling stock gears I wouldn't waste the money having 3:55s setup on a full case locker. With the stock gears you won't have that much torque and can get away with a lunch box locker. I no longer have that axle. That build was 6 XJs ago. Axle was trussed with a t&t truss.

Thanks for the help on that. I cant stomach spending 550 on a temporary fix.... i know its the right way... i welded it. Lincoln locker baby! And plan on welding some angle iron to the housing or something. hehe. And i will fix whatever breaks. I will tell all of my tall tales soon. I think the pi ion gear is going to explode but, i will see.

What happened to your last 6 xj's???

Just in case anyone was wondering , chromoly front axels with welded front and rear diffs hold up amazingly well. Everything else is stock in my running gear i have an 8.25 rear end. Ive gone out 4 times now and no breakage!!! Drives like hell on anything but trails though.... air lockers are my next adventure for my next suspension!

Back