• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Pre 1991 (renix era) wiper assembly bushing

Does anyone know what the wiper bushing part number are for a pre-1991 xj? The only thing I can find it this kit.

https://teamcherokee.com/front-windshield-wiper-linkage-bushing-set-cherokee-comanche-1991-1996/

Thanks

Steve

The Team Cherokee page says it fits 8350-0660 wiper assemblies, which matches the part number in the parts Jeep parts diagram. So think it'll fit.

The 89 has the same wiper assembly, and I used the Dorman 49447 kit when I did mine. Slightly cheaper on Amazon. As I recall, it had a few extra pieces I didn't need so I think the kit is somewhat universal for GM style wipers.

Take a picture or two and mark things before you pry everything apart, or you'll stand there later wondering how it all fits together again. Having the new bushings warm helps get them pressed in. It took a bit of force to get everything pressed back together. Lube liberally before insertion and and wipe the excess off the outside once it's all together. I also took apart the motor and cleaned up the rusty bushings and electrical connections while I had the whole thing on the bench. A quick wire brushing and some semi-gloss black on the wiper arms as well. All of that work fixed the slow and sloppy wipers.

The Team Cherokee page says it fits 8350-0660 wiper assemblies, which matches the part number in the parts Jeep parts diagram. So think it'll fit.

The 89 has the same wiper assembly, and I used the Dorman 49447 kit when I did mine. Slightly cheaper on Amazon. As I recall, it had a few extra pieces I didn't need so I think the kit is somewhat universal for GM style wipers.

Take a picture or two and mark things before you pry everything apart, or you'll stand there later wondering how it all fits together again. Having the new bushings warm helps get them pressed in. It took a bit of force to get everything pressed back together. Lube liberally before insertion and and wipe the excess off the outside once it's all together. I also took apart the motor and cleaned up the rusty bushings and electrical connections while I had the whole thing on the bench. A quick wire brushing and some semi-gloss black on the wiper arms as well. All of that work fixed the slow and sloppy wipers.

Thank you very much for your detailed reply, i ordered the dorman kit off of amazon.

Steve

Back