• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

electric fan

rockjockphatts

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone know if the electric fan is somehow linked to the air conditioning. My A/C has a leaky coil and as such doesn't work. But it seems lately that my electric fan does not kick in anymore. So, are they related or do I have another item to put on the ever-growing to do list?

cambosoup99 said:
electric fan supposed to come on when the a/c is on.

This is correct, however the reverse is not true.

I hit a deer in my 90, and just havent had time to recharge my A/C system. So for now its in-operable yet my stock electric fan still comes on when its suppost to. If yours isnt, then look into a new CTS.

The Coolant Temperature Sensor, not the coolant temp sender, not the crankshaft position sensor, and not the camshaft position sensor.

Electric fan is programmed to come when EITHER (1) AC is turned on, or (2) AC is off but engine temp reaches a certain point (I think 210).

try just unplugging the connector that goes to the fan itself and jump 12v to one and ground the other wire. and see if it works. no point running around in circles if it doesn't work in the first place. my e-fan didn't work and it turned out it was all full of corrosion on all the copper electric tracks and where the wires were soldered to it..basically corrosion everywhere. i scrapped it/sanded it all off, re-soldered the wires and it works perfect. saved me $80-120 depending on where you would buy a new one.

Back