• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I think its time to replace motor mounts.

jcnoble

NAXJA Forum User
Hmm is this bad ?

85f9f98b454f5aad9dbdf618ee47ec89.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You will know just how bad it is when your radiator forces you to replace it.

DAMHIKT.

Replacement mount, and i went to SoCal fest like that with a new radiator. Geez...
c27ada0d3055a7211f1893a44761380a.jpg

Then this is just a preventative maintenance job and not a repair job.

IOW, you are ahead of the game. Good job.

Got a bad vibration after the SoCal fest, thought the windshield was going to fall out going down the highway..

Ha, I need some added flex to get the pass side mount on. The mount will not sit parallel to the bracket for the bushing to slide in. I tried moving the motor up and down but no luck yet.

After moving the engine around for a couple hours I finally got the mount on. Not excited about having to remove the oil filter and move the bracket to get the thru bolt off and on. Gonna soak in some suds to relieve pain now..

ff0ab993ab2352d4891486d64604603b.jpg

Yes. But too many will make the Jeep fall over.

I couldn't keep a motor mount in my '68 Plymouth for the longest time. I'd replace it and inside of a week it'd pop again. Turned out I had a busted tranny mount, too, so the torque just overcame the one motor mount. However, point is, my answer was half-inch chain and a thru-bolt. :D

Worked like a charm. Was on there until the engine eventually breathed its last, near the 15/10 interchange.

Back