• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

No bus

greenramp

NAXJA Forum User
I have a no bus, no start issue. I have searched the internet watched the videos and searched here in . Pulled the speedo cluster first, no dice. Then checked ohms on the CPS. They seemed good but I bought a genuine part anyway just to have a spare. Cleaned all the connections on the computer still nothing. Tried checking for the 5 volts on various places but I have no clue what I'm doing. Any advice would be appreciated.

If it's the same as my 99' there is a ground connection under the center console where the parking brake bracket is. I remember disconnecting that and getting a no bus error. Reconnecting it fixed it.

Did you also check the ground cable that goes from the block to the chassis at the firewall? It goes from a #6 cylinder head bolt to the firewall on the driver side. From the factory it is just a cheap piece of strap that gets all cruddy over time. I replace mine with a piece of battery cable (after cleaning everything up). That ground can cause all kinds of strange issues. Worth a look if the one under the center console doesn't solve.

-SOLVED-
went back through everything, with 5v volts everywhere. took the ground off where the battery NEG goes to the body and wired wheeled it to metal for better connection. Did the same for the engine to firewall and BAM no bus is gone. Runs, drives and is now looking at other ways to piss me off. Only advise I can give future "no bussers" is just because its clean and tight don't take for granted that it is making connection. now I'll upgrade that strap.

Back