• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rock n Roll in CA

Looks to me like the entire blurred out part of the image is all his body fluid, likely a head shot from the axle / hub.

The 4x4 is suspect, was take a jack-stand that spit out ? The hi-lift was probably used to get him out.

Bottom line ........ a REAL F'ed up way to go.

I recall an earthquake at the shop one time, I had three cars racked...nearly shit myself...but none fell.

A couple of years ago I bought some 12-ton jack stands from HF. The first time I used them they both collapsed as soon as I lowered the front axle of the Jeep onto them. I discovered that the pawls were cast steel, and VERY roughly cast. They just didn't have teeth to sufficiently engage the matching teeth on the riser. I took them back. About a year later I was hanging out at Avery's place when a HB 12-ton jack stand collapsed under Bricker's jeep, with Bricker sitting on the ground right next to it. Thankfully, no one was under it. BE WARNED -- I'VE PERSONALLY SEEN HARBOR FREIGHT 12-TON JACK STANDS FAIL TWICE. ITS A PIECE OF CRAP PRODUCT AND NOT WORTH THE RISK, in my opinion.

BTW, lest anyone think I just have some sort of axe to grind with HB, I have owed a set of their 6-ton stands for years and use them regularly.

Last edited:
Was at Dale Bros. Brewery seeing the Crown City Bombers play....almost didn't notice the quake until everything was swaying in unison.:gee:

I’m heading up to Santa Ynez for the weekend. Gonna catch the CCB at a bar up there on Saturday night.

Why did I think you meant Bay City Rollers?

:guitar:

:laugh2::roflmao::laugh2:

Back