• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Colorado B/S Thread

Re: The Colorado BS thread

"Overheating issue? Nah, runs cool as can be!" :laugh:

00S0S_f3njbS75cR6_600x450.jpg

Ok so the ad reads: "Bad transmission. 6.5 diesel Smokes and runs rough when cold. Lots of new parts."

Bad transmission - probably due to that abomination blocking the trans cooler......

Runs rough when cold - probably due to that abomination and FOUR fans making it more like a swamp cooler????

New parts - shouldn't include that abomination and the FOUR fans.....

Last edited:

That fan contraption looks like it would fall off first pothole it hits. These kind of sellers are perfect for the kind of buyers I routinely run into on Craig's list... I still can't believe the pole smoker texting me thinking 1tonxj is for sale at $1000 and is there anything mechanical he needs to know about...lol... you take a loss on selling a rig , but holy shit I can't believe that someone's that dumb.

That fan contraption looks like it would fall off first pothole it hits. These kind of sellers are perfect for the kind of buyers I routinely run into on Craig's list... I still can't believe the pole smoker texting me thinking 1tonxj is for sale at $1000 and is there anything mechanical he needs to know about...lol... you take a loss on selling a rig , but holy shit I can't believe that someone's that dumb.

Tell him yeah, it's missing everything but the shifter handle.

Tell him yeah, it's missing everything but the shifter handle.

You know the average caller from CL would try to haggle the price down. I'VE had 10 texts and all of them leave my faith in America's education system shaken ...or at least questioning how people like this multiply.

Lol...trying to figure out a spot to stow away four 42s in the near future .I got the rockers for sale but have had many funny texts and that was at $1000 for tires that are a steal at that price , So I figured I'd bump the price up to $1200 and leave room to haggle since Craig's listers need to think they chewed you down and $1000 leaves no room to chew . Next month I'll be getting new rubber when it arrives the rockers will go into the basement crawl space and bump up to $1400 awaiting a buyer with at least Beer money rather than an EBT card and dreams.

Bought a can of goof off graffiti remover to try on the bumpers of the XJ to remove the last bits of the ***sticks Rustoleum paint job ...it lifted that paint right off unlike lacquer thinner it just pulls the paint up and it wipes away . Got to pick up another can to try on what's left ...

Would love to wait until my pit bulls are sold , but I think I'm going to pull trigger and order some 42 sticky Trepadors this week and just bury the rockers somewhere until a person with $1000 wants a good deal on Dot rubber ... I could wheel the rockers, but I want the best rubber on the rocks not a compromise.

Then why are you getting treps?

39 krawlers are tiny at a 118 wheel base they equal hung up ...and I don't own 20 inch wheels so 42 krawlers are not in the cards . I want a sticky that is big enough to keep me from dragging pumpkins and hanging the middle the only option in a 17 are tsl SX and trepadors ...krawlers would be great if bfg made their 42s in wheel size I have

Anyone in the crested butte area know if Schofield pass is cleared yet?

Otherwise called devil's punch bowl, I typically run it from crested to marble, though a few weeks ago bushducks said there was a rock slide

Last edited:

America has an education system? When did that happen?

I thought it was all babysitting, and loose cannon training.

Heard a phrase I am adopting now from reruns of an old fav TV series.

When the avalanche starts it is too late for the pebbles to vote.

on another note , proud of my Daughter in your all's back yard, she did here own brake job up there 2 days ago. She is getting the hang of it,

You know the average caller from CL would try to haggle the price down. I'VE had 10 texts and all of them leave my faith in America's education system shaken ...or at least questioning how people like this multiply.

The Colorado BS thread

interesting observation from today: I flushed all the old brown stinky coolant today and replaced with new. Threw a bottle of Royal Purple Purple Ice in there, mostly for the anti-corrosion properties. Prior to the swap Jeep ran right at 210. Now its not breaking 190. Anyone have similar experience? I can't imagine its due to some magic snake oil, but I do love Royal Purple stuff.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

interesting observation from today: I flushed all the old brown stinky coolant today and replaced with new. Threw a bottle of Royal Purple Purple Ice in there, mostly for the anti-corrosion properties. Prior to the swap Jeep ran right at 210. Now its not breaking 190. Anyone have similar experience? I can't imagine its due to some magic snake oil, but I do love Royal Purple stuff.

Probably has more to due with flushing the old crap out and putting new stuff in than the RP Ice.

Old coolant, water cools just like new coolant/water. The heat transfer properties of water do not change. Trash blocking the inlet the tubes has a huge effect.

i was thinking that might be the case. i can't imagine rusty burnt coolant is very good at conducting heat

Yep! And for some sad but true coming relief, I had to share this: :eek:

Probably has more to due with flushing the old crap out and putting new stuff in than the RP Ice.

rjqvestupid.jpg

I'd better act fast and call the number left on my phone messaging so I don't go to jail for owing a large sum of money to the IRS ... who actually thinks the IRS contacts them through a garbled phone message and wants only paid through prepaid cards and other types of wire services ...lol

:eyes: :wantyou: :eek:

I'd better act fast and call the number left on my phone messaging so I don't go to jail for owing a large sum of money to the IRS ... who actually thinks the IRS contacts them through a garbled phone message and wants only paid through prepaid cards and other types of wire services ...lol

LOL

Back