• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Magical backwards spinning mechanical fan?

I would say you got every mile out of that fan clutch, yeah.

It looks like a 96-98 ZJ though I think. It could be a YJ but wouldn't have that style power steering pump... maybe a TJ? Haven't worked on one of those in a few years.

Either way, same parts/very similar parts, looks like you found your cooling problem.

Nope. It's my 4 cylinder xj. It only has 110k on it. Was wondering why the temp climbs at idle. I just finished rebuilding the engine after the previous owner seriously jacked it up.

hFQyqfkh.jpg

Well I stand corrected then! For some reason I never realized that the 4cyl had the fan run off the water pump instead of the accessory bracket pulley. Thanks, I learned something today.

Wow, a 2 door 4 banger, that has to be rare.

I think it is, I work on vehicles professionally and never seen another 2 door, 4 cyl, 5 speed, 4x4.

Well I found a feller in Galveston on Facebook this weekend with a Comanche 2 door with the GM-V-6 with a Wagoneer face on it. Not sure about the tranny or 4x4 part.

Good point, I missed that, LOL

Comanches are rare. One with a V-6 and Wagoneer front face/headlights assy is one I have never seen before.

I'd be impressed if it was a 4dr. Hah :jester:

Wish I could order one of those from the factory, I'd be in line right now.

Yeah, 4cyl 5 speed 4x4 is pretty rare, I have only seen a few 4cyl 5 speed and most of them were RWD. I would say the only rarer option was 4cyl 4 speed auto (87-90 only) 4x4 with the 4.56 gears... 4 or 5 of my friends have seen those in the wild but I've never spotted one in ten years of junkyard scrounging.

Back