• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2024 AAT Schedule

Bent

Only Marble Sharp
NAXJA Member
The scheduled weekends for 2024 will be the third weekend of each month. I have decided on this schedule to make it easier for everyone to pencil in the dates. I hope having a "fixed" day helps with planning.

There is much work to be done on our adopted trails from trash clean up to drain clearing. Trimming brush back will be very limited to late fall and winter due to nesting migratory birds.

I realize that it will be impossible for you to make it to each weekend but I hope you try to make it out as often as you can. I would like to encourage those interested to camping Sat. night and getting a half day in on Sundays.

Saturday night camping will be either at the North Shore facilities or on the trail when it warms up. We can have a camp fire at North Shore but not when camping on the trail. For the time being plan on camping at North Shore in Arrowhead.

November or December may be changed to accommodate the holidays.

Thanks in advance for your help.

-Tim

Last edited:
Re: 2022 AAT Schedule

I am almost ready to start leading these runs again. It has been a rough couple of years. The MJ is just about back on the road.
There was also that period last summer when the Forest Service closed a large number of trails. You may, or may not notice that I have changed the proposed work days to the third weekend of the month as opposed to the fourth as it had been.

Please, if you have any question, comment, etc.; post up.

Last edited:

Broke the XJ so I'm putting more effort into the MJ to put it back on the road. It started with three freeze plugs...but while I was in there...:laugh2:
I Should be able to provide some solid dates in a couple weeks.

Broke the XJ so I'm putting more effort into the MJ to put it back on the road. It started with three freeze plugs...but while I was in there...:laugh2:
I Should be able to provide some solid dates in a couple weeks.

Got the MJ going. Ran like a top...for 1 day. Have to drop the pan, and pull the rod caps to see what the damage is. :gee:

Well that sounds like a major bummer.

Good luck.

Not at the moment. Both my Jeeps are down. Hopefully soon.

We should be resuming a normal schedule soon. After I got the freeze plug issue corrected and everything back together, I had a rod bearing, or bearings go south on me. Since I have chosen not to do the work myself, it should proceed in a timely manner. Probably about 6 weeks.

Well, maybe 6 weeks from now. A lot will depend upon the lead time at the machine shop. I don't mind. The fact that it in process, and will get done is the take away from this. I am biting the bullet with regards to being able to get out on our adopted trails.

New engine almost broken in on the MJ. Once that is complete, and a quick '95 booster/MC swap; I will be back at it. I'll start a 2023 schedule thread.

Thanks Tim!

The plan is to have a workday the third Saturday, and possibly Sunday in February.

perfect timing. I will probably be in Mexico helping my stepmom out during that time frame. but maybe the next one?

I'd give a thumbs up, but you know: thumbs!

bahaha, most people, seeing me, don't think "wow, she's got fat thumbs", but it's also a truth!

Back