• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SoCal Fest will be September 22 -24th, 2023 at Serrano Campground, Big Bear, CA.

Bent

Only Marble Sharp
NAXJA Member
3/23/23 UPDATE: Serrano Now Accepting Reservations

Evening Star loop.

https://www.recreation.gov/camping/campgrounds/232250

The location of Chapter HQ Sites: 84 and 85 Evening Star Loop. Where it normally is.

They are only accepting reservations through the first week of August at this time (2/08/23), but I will keep an eye on the reservations site. I will post when September reservations are being accepted. Once announced, do not delay making reservations as these things can fill up quickly.

I had actually hoped for a May, but the place filled up lightning fast this year. Calico was a consideration, but most of you seem to prefer BB. That and we did Calico last year. An un improved camping location was considered briefly. Those of you with kids, etc., was the reason for not going that route.

Sorry for change in dates. Bottom line I kind of dropped the ball and let the calendar get away from me. Wish I could place the blame elsewhere, really do...but I can't.

If you had already made reservations for March and had to cancel them send me a PM.

_Tim

Last edited:
This is a family friendly event. It is open to all; Members, Forum supporters, and non members.

Last edited:
Didn't BBear suck last time because of the rangers and cops? Wasn't JV with porta potties an option? Could Naxja funds be used for that? I'm willing to even make a donation for a better experience. Cougar Buttes has a spot with a toilet. Just throwing that out there. It would also eliminate the need to reserve a spot, that campground fills up quick

Last edited:
Didn't BBear suck last time because of the rangers and cops? Wasn't JV with porta potties an option? Could Naxja funds be used for that? I'm willing to even make a donation for a better experience. Cougar Buttes has a spot with a toilet. Just throwing that out there. It would also eliminate the need to reserve a spot, that campground fills up quick
I second JV, but only out of convenience for me...I currently don't have anything capable of running trails anywhere at the moment. lol

We're always down for Cougar Buttes. We usually camp there near the 2 public toilets off of Power Line Road.

Lots of open areas, trails, rock hounding, mines and most importantly, no rangers/cops on your behinds.

If it remains in BB, we will have to pass.

Dang, it's gotten like that, eh? This is why I don't miss Cali lol. :D

Dude, remember what I was forcing that German brandy down your throat ten years ago? Ha! That may have been the beginning of the end

Cougar Buttes would make a good alternative to Calico, which has been our go to location to accommodate those that can't run their buggies at BB. It would be a good destination for a non SCF event during the year as well. Thank you for the suggestion/idea.

Keep an eye on the link below. As of this time they are accepting reservations through 9/17.

I don't think the original March date would have worked out so well.:twak:

Evening Star loop.

https://www.recreation.gov/camping/campgrounds/232250

The location of Chapter HQ Sites: 84 and 85 Evening Star Loop. Where it normally is.

If you had already made reservations for March and had to cancel them send me a PM.

-Tim

Last edited:
Hey Bent,

Just tried to look at the reservations availability and it doesn't seem that Sept 22 and beyond are available yet. They currently show as NR (Not Yet Released) for reservations.

I just ran across the same problem. It says to check back tomorrow, I may have to call and see what's up. I do see that some sites have been reserved. Dunno. I'll keep you all posted. I was interpreting NR as Not Reserved. :twak:

I temporarily deleted my post. They are only reserving to the 21st as of today. Get your Sh.....t together Tim.

Last edited:
Looks like it will be tomorrow. As of today they have opened up Friday, 9/22, but not Saturday, 9/23.

Have you made your reservations yet. I haven't looked to see what is still available.

Is anybody needing a campsite? I have to be in Tennessee this year during SoCal fest due to inescapable family matters. I'll make you a deal.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Back