• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Heat

maine96xj

NAXJA Forum User
I flushed my heater core today and it didnt seem to make my heat any hotter(it used to be hot before radiator started leaking now not so much)

i fixed the radiator with stop leak but now the heater doesnt blow as hot even now that i flushed the core.

when it was leaking i only added strait antifreeze. and only added af after i flushed the heater core. it reads all the way at -45 on temp scale(which is as high as it goes) could to strong of mix do this to the heat??if not, what could it be?I'm gunna get a new cap. maybe not enough pressure?

50/50 will get you around 165 degrees boil-over protection and -35 degrees freezing protection (farenheit)......so it sounds like you are there.

And no, the coolant mixture won't affect heat. The liquid still gets to the same temperature, regardless of if it is strictly water or coolant.

why is it bad to run to strong a mix? i tested with a temp gauge that only went to -45 and thats waht it went to. so it might be more. anyother way to tell?

I told ya: stop leak is a bad idea. You might get away with running radiator cleaning solution through the system. That stop leak just gums everything up overtime. If you were in my shop, and I got the ticket, I would end up selling you a heater core and a radiator (to fix the original leak).

Back