• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

Another person came to look at my '02 F250.
They left because they said is smoked too much. Cold 7.3s don't smoke a little until they are warmed up?
He was pissed because he dove an hour and a half.

They left because they said is smoked too much. Cold 7.3s don't smoke a little until they are warmed up?

Mine lets out a puff on startup, but is otherwise clear. Guess he shouldn't have expected typical used car issues on a 12 year old truck. :rolleyes:

Smoking on startup is a precursor to a lot of other diesel problems. He probably knows his stuff and chose to walk away so he didn't have to deal with it.

Most of the reason is it had a half a tank of waste motor oil in it and I topped it off with regular diesel.
I think tomorrow I am going to pump the 40 gallons into the Cat, change the fuel filter and put fresh D2 in it.
That will clear up the smoking.

I did top it off with fresh D2 thinking that would help.
He had his mind made up before he started it. He looked at the worn seat and the rusted cab corner.
I don't care, come fall anything 4x4 sells.
I may raise the price in Sept.

Cold 7.3s don't smoke a little until they are warmed up?

Not in summer. Unless they've been abused or have problems.

Our 96 w200k lets out a little puff of fuel smoke (white) at startup.
97 w300k doesn't usually.
That's with sitting at least a week between startups most of the time, usually closer to a month.
In winter they both have the typical fuel smoke till warmed up.
Only time I've ever seen them smoke black was in Colorado with trailer.

My 30 year old 6.9 doesn't even smoke when first started on a summer day.

I'm assuming it was blue smoke from wmo? I'd be mad too if I drove that far and it looked like it was about to die.

My 7.3 gives one puff on start-up but at 300k with original injectors in it, I'm blaming failing o-rings...

99SJ 'Spring project hopefully' Ex

nygygyje.jpg

I almost joined the burnt to the ground club...

mac 'derale wiring leaves something to be desired' gyvr

I would of done that before the guy came..

I should have put a little more effort in selling this.
I took the ad down and it is back at my place again.
I am going to put some fender flares on it, clean the fuel system even find a good used set of tires for the front.
I have been working 7 days a week and I have not put much thought into it.

Wife, baby, and I went back up to WI this Saturday, this time to Two Rivers to see her other Gpa(last weekend was Lake Geneva to see her Gpa)
Good times up there. I always like staying here. This is the view from the room he puts us in

Wife and baby are staying until wed and coming home with her dad. I can count on one hand the amount of times I have been alone for more than a few hours. So this should be a interesting couple of days.

I had a very liberating drive home yesterday afternoon. was able to turn the radio way up, listening to whatever I wanted, all while aggressively weaving in and out of traffic in my red sports car! drover threw hard rain, light rain, fog, shade and sunshine. good trip

cannot come home frmo WI without a trip to Mars cheese castle

Will have to see how long before I miss the wife and baby...:shhh:

Back